Around the NHL 2023-24 - Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'm just saying, I see a whole lot of people jumping on the "lol why you so mad" train but have seen nothing to suggest anyone is actually upset about it.... Not saying it doesn't exist, but would like to know where that idea came from.

A lot of stuff like this.

Not sure, but strikes me as the "everyone is dumb" movement that is quite prevalent these days.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
IMG_3504.gif

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
His Dad Donald just passed away

View attachment 884859

View attachment 884860

Shame this didn’t return
I dont like it. Its a mess of styles in logos, small details without rythm, notches are unnecessary in general, the composition is crooked. And the uniform as a whole looks like they're guards in a prison, like most of their uniforms in general.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
after listening to nhl radio explain the sharks picking up goodrow it makes sense imo. sharks couldn't trade for him because the NTC they dont care about cap space they just need to fill out a bottom level roster and probably wouldve overpaid for a UFA to go there at the tail end of their career. maybe he will retain some trade value in a year or so? i hate the move because it helps the rangers but i get it from the sharks pov

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Game of goalie musical chairs is running out of spots.

UFA:
Samsonov-Talbot-Brossoit
Stolarz-Kahkonen-Wedgewood-Nedeljkovic-Lankinen-Pickard-DeSmith-Driedger-Jones-Reimer-Copley-Comrie-Raanta

ANA: Gibson - Dostal
CGY: Wolf - Vladar
EDM: Skinner - Campbell
LAK: Kuemper - Rittich
SEA: Grubauer - Daccord
SJS: Blackwood - Vanecek
VAN: Demko - Silovs
VGK: Hill - Thompson

ARZ: Ingram - Vejmelka
CHI: Mrazek - Soderblom
COL: Georgiev - Annunen?
DAL: Oettinger -
MIN: Gustavsson - Fleury
NSH: Saros - Lankinen
STL: Binnington - Hofer
WPG: Hellebucyk -

BOS: Ullmark - Swayman - Bussi
BUF: Luukkonen - Levi?
DET: Husso - Lyon
FLO: Bobrovsky - Knight
MON: Montembeault - Primeau
OTT: Korpisalo - Forsberg
TBL: Vasilevskiy - Johansson?
TOR: - Woll

CAR: Andersen - Kochetkov
CLB: Merzlikins - Tarasov
NJD: Markstrom - Allen
NYI: Sorokin - Varlamov
NYR: Shesterkin - Quick
PHI: Ersson - Fedotov
PIT: Jarry - Nedeljkovic
WSH: Lindgren -

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Wow, I don’t normally immediately crap on these but they took the Gretzky era logo and made it slightly worse. Get excited!

1988-98
IMG_8034.png
IMG_8035.png

The new version:
IMG_8036.png

Well, in their defense, there is some much needed improvements.

The original top with “Los Angeles” was straight up amateur hour garbage. They got rid of the awkward extra space and fixed the font issue.

The racing “Kings” part leaned too much in the original. That, combined with the shape, creates an optical illusion where the right side looks bigger.

Having “Kings” lean less, making the logo more compact, makes it look more even overall.

The new crown seems worse though. It’s flatter and darker, it’s going to look smaller and less defined than the one on the original.

The problem with this logo, and the one it’s replacing, is that having a tiny crown you can barely make out it is a flaw.

We’ll see how it looks on an actual jersey, but they’re just leaning into the logo’s biggest issue by making the tiny crown even smaller and murkier looking.

IMG_8037.jpeg
IMG_8023.jpeg

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Gotta respect the LA hustle.

set themselves up to change the logo again in the next several years.

I never realized how beautiful those purple jerseys are damn man they def missed the boat on the switch over.

I keep seeing stuff about Gary and/or the NHL being upset about trades happening. Well reactions to them being upset, "if they didn't want this" "haha they are pissed." Whatever, but I havent seen anything from that side actually saying they didnt want this to happen or they are pissed about it in anyway. Did I miss that part?
Dont put two days off on travel days the series would’ve been over already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad