Around the NHL 2023-24 - offseason part II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
At what point does shit like this start to really negatively effect the locker room?
If we are being honest, getting rid of Goodrow and possibly Trouba is a huge positive for the Rangers and something we don't want. Upgrades there and some better 5 on 5 play may put them over the top. They are really dependent on the PP and goalie play.

Reactions: My3Sons

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
If i'm Shesterkin... I'm looking at Panarin's contract. Hard to argue Shesterkin isn't the mvp for the team.

So Panarins was $81.5m over 7 years. And that was signed over 5 years ago! Granted, yes, Free Agency vs. extension.

At the VERY LEAST you figure he has to get $10.5m x 8 years ($84m for whole contract). No?
He's certainly more valuable to the team than Panarin.

I don't think he realistically expects $13m,
Say Rangers start at $9m. If you split the difference you get $11m per year. Even if he loves NYR, I just can't see him going below $10m per year. Jonathan Huberdeu makes $10.5 FFS

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If we are being honest, getting rid of Goodrow and possibly Trouba is a huge positive for the Rangers and something we don't want. Upgrades there and some better 5 on 5 play may put them over the top. They are really dependent on the PP and goalie play.
Fortunately their best forwards have likely peaked and Shesterkin will demand a big enough deal it will slow them down a bit. They won’t go away quietly but if Shesterkin falters even a bit they won’t see the success they did this season.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
If i'm Shesterkin... I'm looking at Panarin's contract. Hard to argue Shesterkin isn't the mvp for the team.

So Panarins was $81.5m over 7 years. And that was signed over 5 years ago! Granted, yes, Free Agency vs. extension.

At the VERY LEAST you figure he has to get $10.5m x 8 years ($84m for whole contract). No?
He's certainly more valuable to the team than Panarin.

I don't think he realistically expects $13m,
Say Rangers start at $9m. If you split the difference you get $11m per year. Even if he loves NYR, I just can't see him going below $10m per year. Jonathan Huberdeu makes $10.5 FFS

Sure caps going up but make no mistake devils window is now with the team friendly deals. Going to be hard when Nico is getting 11 jack 14

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
IMG_0218.gif

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Buffalo should be very good team in the future.
With Helenius, Benson, Savoie, Kulich, Ostlund, Quinn, Peterka, Rosen and Neuchev they need even half of them to break out to build very strong team with Cozens, Thompson, Tuch, Power, Dahlin and Byram, Luukonen and Levi.
Ruff has great amount of talent.

The team would be lights out if their GM had a pulse.

the original 6 tour continues :scared:

He performed way better after hip surgery. I don’t see a problem with signing him to 1 year deals until he craps out.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Yeah, Kane was fine last year. Detroit also makes the playoffs if they had any serious depth at C outside of Larkin at the 1. That's their fault but I don't think anyone can fault them with how their year ended. Kane is also a good bridge to Nygaard

Camille the Eel

What I find fascinating is they’re treating losing a tight six game ECF as if it was some freaking disaster and they need to clean out the room
The Rangers fans are really hating on Zibanejad in particular. Labeling him soft and unmotivated. The guy had practically a hundred point season the year before last but they blame him for losing to Florida. Some also want Panarin gone. Who do they think will be left?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00