Around the NHL 2023-24 - offseason part II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
They need to figure out team defense. If they can do that they will turn the corner. Not sure if Ruff is the guy for that.
Ruff should help, growing process should help. Dahlin-Power-Byram is a very good defensive core. they need management and little more time. all of their talent I named are away from NHL or with minimal NHL experience. at least Peterka, Benson, Helenius Quinn should develop into the solid two way forwards.

I think they’ll be good but might lack the true star power upfront with what they have right now. They have a star right now in Thompson but I’m not that big of a believer in him in that I feel like he’s gonna drop off from the extremely high level he got to pretty quickly.

Other than him, they have some guys who should be pretty good but no one I really see being a star. Should have good depth but will they have any real star power upfront a few years from now? Cozens maybe gets closer but I think his offensive potential might be somewhat limited.

Their high high-end talent on D may help make up for that.
On my taste they will figure it out with huge amount of talent. And it helps them to make a trade for some 23-26 yo rfa player who doesn't want to play for some team. And if they will trade 2 players for him, its nothing for them.

-----
I hope ne of Misyul-Vilen-Haattakka will have NHL opportunity on the regular basis before Silayev will join Devils organisation, will show himself as a very talented regular player and Sabres will be interesting enough to make a trade for one of their talented forward, they don't have roster spots for all of them.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Talk about the perfect time for a news dump

Do I even want to know who the **** Al MacIssac is?
Do any teams still have coaching openings? Sounds like they have to spend this season finding landing spots for next season? Some desperate team will hire Quenneville and deal with the fallout or maybe one of his buddies brings him in as a behind the scenes support guy claiming to "reahbilitate" him.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
Talk about the perfect time for a news dump

Do I even want to know who the **** Al MacIssac is?
BoB3YK8.gif

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Do any teams still have coaching openings? Sounds like they have to spend this season finding landing spots for next season? Some desperate team will hire Quenneville and deal with the fallout or maybe one of his buddies brings him in as a behind the scenes support guy claiming to "reahbilitate" him.
We know one prominent team who has a GM opening right now (at least), but yeah Quenneville'll probably have to wait for an in-season offing of a HC.

Reactions: My3Sons

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I don't know if Bowman is that attractive a GM candidate at this point. I always felt like his time in Chicago was like somebody inherited 1.6 billion who then lost 500 million on poor investments. But people always acted like "Man, that guy's a billionaire, he must be good."

Then again, if Bowman were hired in some advisor to the GM / assistant regional manager / assistant to the regional manager type role, I wouldn't be shocked either given how many old GMs get recycled into those sort of jobs.

Quenneville on the other hand I could see back behind the bench.

Edit: Just saw some Bowman/EDM rumors, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Reactions: Oneiro

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Get ready for Quenneville to the Blue Jackets.

Because they love hiring scumbags and they have a head coaching vacancy.

louis is the gift that keeps giving

when that man dies what are all these guys going to do for work
Albelin might beat him there, if that picture is any indication.

Maybe just an unflattering picture, but he’s the same age as Daneyko, Stevens and MacLean, and he looks considerably older than all of them.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Wife’s hospital residency among factors keeping Jacob Trouba with Rangers

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Trouba's gonna get booed so badly next year and it's probably not even his fault entirely
As much as I can’t stand that prick, just like I sided with the team when Goodrow was whining about the Rangers getting around a partial NTC that wasn’t an NMC, by the same token it’s also not the player’s fault if the team can’t get around a full NMC or NTC because they exercise something the team agreed to. Tough shit if Drury can’t get around this one, then that’s his fault not Captain Elbow’s

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
As much as I can’t stand that prick, just like I sided with the team when Goodrow was whining about the Rangers getting around a partial NTC that wasn’t an NMC, by the same token it’s also not the player’s fault if the team can’t get around a full NMC or NTC because they exercise something the team agreed to. Tough shit if Drury can’t get around this one, then that’s his fault not Captain Elbow’s

Honestly it seems like a serious family thing for Trouba. I don't have kids or a wife currently but I can understand him trying to stay in every way possible for his wife's residency and his 1 year old son. Also Drury can't waive him because it's gonna be an AWFUL precedent for future signings/trades, their fans can cry all they want but Trouba being gone was cooked once he wasn't on waivers this afternoon.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Honestly it seems like a serious family thing for Trouba. I don't have kids or a wife currently but I can understand him trying to stay in every way possible for his wife's residency and his 1 year old son. Also Drury can't waive him because it's gonna be an AWFUL precedent for future signings/trades, their fans can cry all they want but Trouba being gone was cooked once he wasn't on waivers this afternoon.

It's shitty treatment, but the Rags are one of those franchises that will always have players jumping at the chance to sign for them.

Rightly or wrongly....

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It's shitty treatment, but the Rags are one of those franchises that will always have players jumping at the chance to sign for them.

Rightly or wrongly....

Man, I don't know, I feel like if Drury put on him on waivers with Trouba having a legit family reason it would be really bad for the future optics with regards to free agents. Not to mention, they did once with Goodrow already and it wasn't well received in their room.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I couldn't give a rats ass about the optics regarding Trouba and his family. Maybe he's a good guy off the ice, a great teammate, family man, blah, blah, blah. Fact is, he's a scumbag on the ice. f***'em.
He is a scummy hockey player and a total bitch, but I'm on his side this time. Rags signed him to a NMC and that's not his fault. His wife probably cant easily leave her residency and he doesn't want to leave her. I'd feel the same way and tell my employer to f*** off just like he is lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad