Around the NHL 2023-24 - offseason part II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why the hell did Vegas trade Logan Thompson for only a 2nd and a 3rd or whatever it was? Why not just keep him? Now they're (probably) going to sign someone to be the backup and he's gonna cost even more.

Unless it's Patera or some goalie in their system, who probably hardly costs less than Thompson.

I just thought they'd keep him until they had to pay him more, unless they got a really good offer they couldn't refuse. He's getting paid under a million through the end of this coming year. I'm guessing he's probably a UFA next year? Why not just keep him and let him walk? He's a bargain on their cap.

And I'm not even at all high on him.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Why the hell did Vegas trade Logan Thompson for only a 2nd and a 3rd or whatever it was? Why not just keep him? Now they're (probably) going to sign someone to be the backup and he's gonna cost even more.

Unless it's Patera or some goalie in their system, who probably hardly costs less than Thompson.

I just thought they'd keep him until they had to pay him more, unless they got a really good offer they couldn't refuse. He's getting paid under a million through the end of this coming year. I'm guessing he's probably a UFA next year? Why not just keep him and let him walk? He's a bargain on their cap.

And I'm not even at all high on him.
They just got a really good goalie to replace him I heard.

• Haha
Reactions: Guttersniped

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ahh, I was slow on that one. Not sure if a senior moment or what.

Now I wonder if he’ll be their backup or at least fight it out with Patera for the backup job.

I’m not even sure if Patera is still with them or looking to sign in Europe. I just know he’s played some games for them when Thompson/Hill have been injured the last two years, which is a very common occurrence over there.

But I still thought logically they’d rather keep one more year of Thompson at damn near league minimum than role the dice on Schmid or Patera at roughly the same price.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Friedman said that Toronto is going to offer Tanev 6 years lmao

dude turns 35 halfway through the season
This seems to be the new thing with older guys. Tampa is apparently doing it as well.

It can't be as appealing for players because if they retire, they lose it and if they don't, they risk becoming buy outs and not seeing it all.

We all joke about the ltiretirement, but if you start getting froggy with that and those really start exploding, that's going to be a problem with insurance companies, which would be a whole new thing

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

Hahaha. Perhaps he can paint his feelings.

I read that his wife still has a year in her residency in regards to med school stuff, it could be that. If it doesn't get done by tomorrow, it also throws a massive wrench into the Rags 7/1 plan because they need to waive Trouba on that day and need to wait a whole day to see if he gets claimed to get that cap space. It's a very bad game of chicken for NYR rn

Friedman said that Toronto is going to offer Tanev 6 years lmao

dude turns 35 halfway through the season

They probably have nothing to lose at this point, if it brings down the AAV, it's probably smart. Tavares is off the books after next year too

Reactions: My3Sons and Oneiro

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Hahaha. Perhaps he can paint his feelings.
IMG_8194.gif

Camille the Eel

Sergachev was traded? Whaaat?

I completely missed that yesterday. What a steal for Utah. He’s probably more valuable than Hedman at this point. One of the very best D in the league. Can skate, hit, close on the fastest and most dynamic forwards one on one, maintains perfect gaps. Wish it had been us who got him. This one move would have set us up legitimately to contend for a cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad