Around the NHL 2023-24 - offseason part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
OH!! and how could I forget football. Southampton is home to The Saints, a club which while not having the history of the likes of Manchester United or Liverpool, does have a rich history of being a proud football team.

Named after St Mary's church, the Saints took football to Spain and Brazil (Athletico Madrid and Athletic Bilbao in Spain wear red and white stripes for this reason).

We're a plucky underdog football club that on it's day can stand toe to toe with anyone. The stadium, St Mary's, holds 32,000 people and is UEFA 5 star rated.

If it's football tourism out of London that you want, get down to Southampton. Proper English football club.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
My problem with it is I shouldn't be treated like an irresponsible criminal. The people who are ruin it for the rest of us.

I wish public transportation was better here but it's not. For Prudential as an example it would cost me more money and take longer to get to the arena than it would to drive. There's no benefit to it for me financially or time wise. If the games go long for shootouts too you'll always see people leaving early or running out the door to catch their trains because not all the lines run on a convenient basis.

Going to London and going to soccer games is amazing, the trains run so frequently and everyone walks to the stadiums. There's ton of police who organize everyone leaving. I can't do that for Red Bull Arena here either or I would.

Japan and especially Tokyo has my favorite train system in the world. It's so clean, everyone on board is so polite, it's even quite on the trains! Everything about the whole experience is amazing but we'll never have that here.

I'd be fine with that too and those people should obviously have mandated breathalyzers to start those cars if they currently don't. I think it varies state to state on that one but I'm really not sure what the rules are with that.
Cameras system would help a lot.

I literally don’t understand why USA have this problem with public transport. Big taxes, expensive medicine or at least insurance, very expensive education. Where’s the money, Lebowski?

Belorussia is very clean and organized. But I can’t truly compare it with Japan, never traveled there. I hope I will do it in the next few years.

Reactions: My3Sons

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Most newer vehicles already have a message that reminds you to check the back seat when you shut it off and they passed it federally that it's going to be mandatory in every car starting with the 2025 models.
I have that alert on my Chevy and trust me it ain’t loud enough or persistent enough for people to acknowledge. Hopefully it’s more noticeable/longer

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've driven cars with the rear backup camera, and I don't even use it.

I've been driving for over 30 years without one.

The only time it would really help me is when I have a charley horse in my neck or back, and I have a hard time turning my head all the way around, which happens occasionally.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I've driven cars with the rear backup camera, and I don't even use it.

I've been driving for over 30 years without one.

The only time it would really help me is when I have a charley horse in my neck or back, and I have a hard time turning my head all the way around, which happens occasionally.
I've prevented myself from getting hit a few times backing out of my garage with mine. Apparently half the people that live in my apartment complex feel the need to whip through the parking lot as fast as possible, and at all hours of the day. I especially love the asshole with the loud as hell fart cans on his car that likes revving the piece of shit at like 4 in the morning.:rant:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've prevented myself from getting hit a few times backing out of my garage with mine. Apparently half the people that live in my apartment complex feel the need to whip through the parking lot as fast as possible, and at all hours of the day. I especially love the asshole with the loud as hell fart cans on his car that likes revving the piece of shit at like 4 in the morning.:rant:
Oh man, I can totally relate to the noise at 4:00 AM (really 5:00 AM), but not from the car revving.

There's a f***in ASSHOLE, SCUMBAG, MOTHERf***ER, that lives off to the side of me. He goes out there and starts his 4Runner in the morning (who the f*** warms their car up in Florida? Unless it's an old carburetor/pre fuel injected car from almost 40 years ago) and I guess this guy just got his first ever vehicle with bluetooth capability. Maybe he's got an aux cord? I don't know.

Because he just got this thing a month ago. He had some shitty, Nissan Pathfinder or something before that. No bluetooth in that one I guess.

He just now figured out in 2024 that you can sit in your car and talk on the phone right through your stereo speakers, as well as stream music off of youtube and he's so impressed with that.

He'll be out there on the phone on bluetooth (this isn't at unreasonable hours or anything) and all you hear is the the speakers rattling and the person he's talking to coming through. I can't hear him at all. It sounds like the Charlie Brown teacher from in here.

And he'll start the f***in truck up and let it run for a minute or two before shutting it down, which I'm assuming he does that as to not kill his battery by using the bluetooth without the motor running? Cause I know that's a drain on the battery.

And the worst is when he has the music cranking at 5:00-6:00 in the morning (and wakes me up, before I have to be up), he somtimes LEAVES HIS f***IN DOOR OPEN! So the speaker in the door is blasting everything out into the street and right into my bedroom.

I yelled at him one morning that the noise ordinance was until 7:00 AM and called him a scumbag, but I'm not sure he heard me. The music was probably too loud.

I swear I'm gonna go over there one day and take my foot and kick that motherf***in door closed. He doesn't need to have music playing when he's not in the car at 5:00 AM and if he does, he should at least keep his door closed.

I hope a f***in snake or lizard/iguana some shit crawls into there while the door is open and gets him. Too bad the lizards are harmless and so are any of the snakes around here.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Oh man, I can totally relate to the noise at 4:00 AM (really 5:00 AM), but not from the car revving.

There's a f***in ASSHOLE, SCUMBAG, MOTHERf***ER, that lives off to the side of me. He goes out there and starts his 4Runner in the morning (who the f*** warms their car up in Florida? Unless it's an old carburetor/pre fuel injected car from almost 40 years ago) and I guess this guy just got his first ever vehicle with bluetooth capability. Maybe he's got an aux cord? I don't know.

Because he just got this thing a month ago. He had some shitty, Nissan Pathfinder or something before that. No bluetooth in that one I guess.

He just now figured out in 2024 that you can sit in your car and talk on the phone right through your stereo speakers, as well as stream music off of youtube and he's so impressed with that.

He'll be out there on the phone on bluetooth (this isn't at unreasonable hours or anything) and all you hear is the the speakers rattling and the person he's talking to coming through. I can't hear him at all. It sounds like the Charlie Brown teacher from in here.

And he'll start the f***in truck up and let it run for a minute or two before shutting it down, which I'm assuming he does that as to not kill his battery by using the bluetooth without the motor running? Cause I know that's a drain on the battery.

And the worst is when he has the music cranking at 5:00-6:00 in the morning (and wakes me up, before I have to be up), he somtimes LEAVES HIS f***IN DOOR OPEN! So the speaker in the door is blasting everything out into the street and right into my bedroom.

I yelled at him one morning that the noise ordinance was until 7:00 AM and called him a scumbag, but I'm not sure he heard me. The music was probably too loud.

I swear I'm gonna go over there one day and take my foot and kick that motherf***in door closed. He doesn't need to have music playing when he's not in the car at 5:00 AM and if he does, he should at least keep his door closed.

I hope a f***in snake or lizard/iguana some shit crawls into there while the door is open and gets him. Too bad the lizards are harmless and so are any of the snakes around here.
Just record him and after a few times of it call the police. It’s never advisable to confront someone over that sort of thing.

Reactions: Guadana

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Essentially yes. You want to be able to say you Arne being unreasonable but if he’s being loud early over and over he is the jackass and all you are asking is they get him to be quieter.
Yeah, he's an asshole. I don't think anyone complains around here much.

But in other news, the people that would pull all night parties on weekends and holidays and fall asleep (I'm assuming) and pass out with the music still playing at sunrise, who live a block or so down. The ones I always complained on here about. I don't think I've heard them since about early April or possibly even late March. I remember the Devils were still playing and thinking ''Man, last weekend was the first time in a long time that I didn't hear them''. And I never really heard them again since, other than the very loud woman over there who laughs hysterically.

They didn't move, they're still there. And if I'm walking by at night I sometimes hear them still playing music out there in the yard, but it's not really heard away from their property. You can't hear it all the way from my house anymore.

I'm thinking somebody definitely called the police on them and probably said they do it over and over. So now they party much more quietly out there.

Last night some people were having a party about two blocks away. You could tell how drunk the guys were because you were starting to hear them take over lead vocal duties.:laugh:

They don't do that too frequently, so I'm not really mad about it. But holy f*** was it loud until about 2:00 AM. It sounded like a live band was playing over there.

Reactions: My3Sons

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
OH!! and how could I forget football. Southampton is home to The Saints, a club which while not having the history of the likes of Manchester United or Liverpool, does have a rich history of being a proud football team.

Named after St Mary's church, the Saints took football to Spain and Brazil (Athletico Madrid and Athletic Bilbao in Spain wear red and white stripes for this reason).

We're a plucky underdog football club that on it's day can stand toe to toe with anyone. The stadium, St Mary's, holds 32,000 people and is UEFA 5 star rated.

If it's football tourism out of London that you want, get down to Southampton. Proper English football club.
Wait...

So you root for the Saints and the Devils? Isn't there a conflict of interest in there somewhere?

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

They once famously employed the single worst coach in the over 100 year history of the National Hockey League: Wretched Ralph Kreuger The Hockey Terrorist.

You mentioned the local rivals Portsmouth who have an interesting claim to fame: they are the only league club who plays on an island.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Wait...

So you root for the Saints and the Devils? Isn't there a conflict of interest in there somewhere?

The irony of that was completely lost on 11 year old me...

But yes, funny old world innit?

They once famously employed the single worst coach in the over 100 year history of the National Hockey League: Wretched Ralph Kreuger The Hockey Terrorist.

You mentioned the local rivals Portsmouth who have an interesting claim to fame: they are the only league club who plays on an island.

Don't even get me started brother.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Hmmm @My3Sons what say you?
That describes my kids. I am a Giants fan by birth and upbringing although I also cheer for the Saints if they aren’t playing the Giants in support of my kids. I guess it depends upon whether you want to laugh with the sinners or cry with the Saints? The sinners have much more fun.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad