Around the NHL 2023-2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Tanev to Leafs.

J Skinner bought out. Heading to Stars???

Looks like Duchene will stay in Dallas. He’s been stressing family family family first and he was willing to go cheap cuz he has money. I’d expect 3AAV

Last edited:
Reactions: Drubilly

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Looks like Duchene will stay in Dallas. He’s been stressing family family family first and he was willing to go cheap cuz he has money. I’d expect 3AAV
Yeah that’s about what I figured, $3ish mill.

For verification purposes:

TBL trades 2025 3rd to Canes for rights to Guentzel. I like what TBL are doing to stay competitive
Still think they’ll re-sign Stamkos to a cheap deal, but curious what they’ll do with the cap space if they decide to let him walk.

Suppose it depends on Guentzel’s AAV, but I wonder if signing him takes away all their room to make other moves, or if trading Sergachev opens up space/options…guess they have to re-sign Moser to a new deal as well but looks like they currently have $16.5 in space for Guentzel + Moser + filling out the rest of the roster.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Skinner on a cheap deal to the Panthers makes way too much sense

I wonder what Vladi will do. Surely he'd love to stay in Florida, but obviously they can't keep all of their UFAs. Wonder how low he'd be willing to go to stay in Florida, or if not then where will he end up? I'd rather have him than Skinner if I'm Florida.

Friedman said the Lightning were the favorites for Guentzel and looks like he was right. It's like a game of musical chairs of all the players trying to grab one of those highly desired TB and FLA roster spots.

Reactions: mk80

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
2 years ago Stars traded a 1st rounder for Nils Lundqvist. Today, at 23 years old, Dallas has decided to not tender him and he will be a UFA. That's gonna be something the stars would want back.

That pick was traded by that Rangers and then turned into Lindstein.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
2 years ago Stars traded a 1st rounder for Nils Lundqvist. Today, at 23 years old, Dallas has decided to not tender him and he will be a UFA. That's gonna be something the stars would want back.
That pick turned into Lindstein, fwiw. I am optimistic he turns out much better, but obviously prospects don't come with guarantees.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
With 3 years left on his deal, Vegas is reportedly shopping Pietrangelo. I never thought he would play the entire contract for Vegas which makes the entire NMC a moot point.

• Wow
Reactions: Blueston

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
With 3 years left on his deal, Vegas is reportedly shopping Pietrangelo. I never thought he would play the entire contract for Vegas which makes the entire NMC a moot point.
Hopefully their GM knows the details of the contract and would be avoiding a repeat of the Dadonov trade. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Celtic Note

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

I said a couple of weeks ago that they'd probably rather keep Theodore than an aging, fading Petro and looks like that might be the case. It was never only about the NMC despite some people claiming that's the only reason he left St. Louis.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I said a couple of weeks ago that they'd probably rather keep Theodore than an aging, fading Petro and looks like that might be the case. It was never only about the NMC despite some people claiming that's the only reason he left St. Louis.

It was always f***ing Pejorative Slured to think he left because of a NMC.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
It was always f***ing Pejorative Slured to think he left because of a NMC.

Not to mention the fact that the Blues offer was more than fair. Vegas had to overpay to seal the deal and they are finding that out now. Obviously worth it from their perspective since they got a Cup, but it was a foregone conclusion that the back end of that deal would be horrible. I honestly don't think we'd be better off if we'd have re-signed Petro considering the direction our team was headed.

Reactions: Blueston

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Not to mention the fact that the Blues offer was more than fair. Vegas had to overpay to seal the deal and they are finding that out now. Obviously worth it from their perspective since they got a Cup, but it was a foregone conclusion that the back end of that deal would be horrible. I honestly don't think we'd be better off if we'd have re-signed Petro considering the direction our team was headed.

No, we definitely wouldn't have gotten a 2nd cup considering the only time we looked like we could do some damage was because of Binnington and Kadri took care of that. One man wouldn't have changed anything. Especially one that doesn't take over and completely dominate a game.

Reactions: Reality Czech
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad