Around the NHL 2023-2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
The six names with comments:

Utah Venom - sounds like the name a developmentally challenged child would like, if they were 8

Utah Blizzard - same, but age 12

Utah Outlaws - I fell alseep while typing that one and woke up and wouldn't mind it

Utah HC - at least would be unique for NA, but weird that conservative Utahns who vote America First / Putin would be embracing Western/European/NA values\

Utah Mammoth - this is singluar name bad, but not Pejorative Slured child bad, more like adult bad

Utah Yeti - the only one that is fun at all, strong alliteration to offset the risible use of a singular name.

Yeti (fun), HC (interesting) and Outlaws (boring) - those are the acceptable ones

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
The six names with comments:

Utah Venom - sounds like the name a developmentally challenged child would like, if they were 8

Utah Blizzard - same, but age 12

Utah Outlaws - I fell alseep while typing that one and woke up and wouldn't mind it

Utah HC - at least would be unique for NA, but weird that conservative Utahns who vote America First / Putin would be embracing Western/European/NA values\

Utah Mammoth - this is singluar name bad, but not Pejorative Slured child bad, more like adult bad

Utah Yeti - the only one that is fun at all, strong alliteration to offset the risible use of a singular name.

Yeti (fun), HC (interesting) and Outlaws (boring) - those are the acceptable ones
I like Yeti the most

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I'm really curious how they're going to create an identity for the Yeti while avoiding a uni that looks like what the Colorado Avalanche used to have (mountains, bigfoot, etc.). Ultimately, I feel like the writing is on the wall that Yeti will be the chosen identity.

I HATE the idea of an NHL team being known simply as 'HC.' Don't love Yeti, but I can accept it. Outlaws is solid. The rest aren't good. I feel like using Salt Lake instead of Utah would open a lot more possibilites that would sound better.

Reactions: Punished ROR

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Hey @TheDizee, there's HFStars member who's handle is RefalancheStillLose.

Be proud, buddy! You started a thang.
good. and to think it all started because I called their covid shenanigan's out then starting liking post on their board in the injured players discussion thread.

glad to see other people are aware of how pathetic that team is 5on5.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Panthers were the eastern conference team I thought would make it to the cup final, ilI bet they win it they’re just too damn stacked with talent this year. Plus the experience they got from playing in the cup final last year gives them an edge. Bobrovsky looks so in the zone right now.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I hope Ovie doesn't break Gretzky's record. Assholes!

I don't think it is a move intended to be a dick or to take something away from the fans. That was my first thought too. This article (Link) says teams pay cap friendly for their tools. Caps just want those for themselves. They are keeping it open through the draft and free agency for the fans and those teams.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
They keep saying that you can see why a team would want this infrastructure but no, I don't see why. What does a team need with the website infrastructure?
Because then they’re the only ones with it. Nobody else can use it. I would assume part of the deal is that the guy(s) running it will now become Caps employees and are being paid handsomely for it.

PuckPedia about to become the new king…
https://puckpedia.com/team/st-louis-blues

Either that or someone else comes along and makes a new website that’s better. Sort of like how capfriendly took the mantle after capgeek went away after the guy that ran it died of cancer.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Information is power. Apparently, the NHL doesn’t want us to know so much.

Another site will pop up, no doubt.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Because then they’re the only ones with it. Nobody else can use it. I would assume part of the deal is that the guy(s) running it will now become Caps employees and are being paid handsomely for it.

PuckPedia about to become the new king…
https://puckpedia.com/team/st-louis-blues

Either that or someone else comes along and makes a new website that’s better. Sort of like how capfriendly took the mantle after capgeek went away after the guy that ran it died of cancer.
I love Capfriendly and am not happy about this, but good for their founders. Why can't the NHL put out this information themselves? They obviously have it. Capriendly didn't just make it up. Seems like this is opportunity for NHL to create the next Capfriendly.

Until then, I guess I'm gonna have to learn to like puckpedia, but sure feels like its visual display of data and user interface are much worse than what is about to go away.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I love Capfriendly and am not happy about this, but good for their founders. Why can't the NHL put out this information themselves? They obviously have it. Capriendly didn't just make it up. Seems like this is opportunity for NHL to create the next Capfriendly.

Until then, I guess I'm gonna have to learn to like puckpedia, but sure feels like its visual display of data and user interface are much worse than what is about to go away.
The NHL doesn't like to spend money on its software/experience as evidenced by the website and app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad