Around the NHL: 2019-20 Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Looking forward to the DBTB crew claiming that the Sabres and Knights had a deal but Marchessault wouldn't waive to come to Buffalo.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'm just waiting for the Sam Reinhart trade. At this point, he seems like the next illogical step.

Reinhart and Ristolainen for Trocheck and Matheson

I can see it now

Reactions: Dirty Dog

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
It really doesn't. If Boeser is done for the year, they have even less of a reason to be trading for rentals.
Some teams will try to replace the scoring they lose and in a timely fashion. If they new Boeser was going to be out and they think they have a shot, why not address it.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
All you guys looking at these D moves & claiming the world has ended... These are nothing like the moves most hope/expect for a Montour / Risto.

These type of moves will happen in the summer.

Certainly looks like a sellers market tho..
Hope we can cash in on a couple of Shearys/Veseys.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

Fitzgerald is not ****ing around

I could see Botts trying on Palmieri, and then flipping guys like Sheary and Frolik. We have a need at our other top-6 RW and he's signed beyond this year. And as a native NY'er, perhaps we aren't on his 8-team NTC.

I'm just worried about what Botts would give his old buddy Fitz in exchange. I could totally see him giving up the 2021 1st for Palmieri.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I could see Botts trying on Palmieri. We have a need at our other top-6 RW and he's signed beyond this year. And as a native NY'er, perhaps we aren't on his 8-team NTC.

I'm just worried about what Botts would give his old buddy Fitz in exchange. I could totally see him giving up the 2021 1st.

Oh you should be very very worried about what we would offer

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
One thing of note in the Scandella trade is that Montreal retained max salary.

Doesn't fully justify the jump from 4th to 2nd but partially gives some reason for it.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
what about Miller? The one we got in a comparable move

Miller has two years left after this. All these guys moving today are pure rentals.

Also - I just don't see Miller being traded either. If we're using RHD depth to ultimately strengthen the top 6 - Miller is not the guy to be doing it with. It has to be Risto or Montour when you factor in value/return & cap. And these type of trades so very rarely happen in season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad