Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

enuffidiotsalready

Nov 25, 2019
oh yeah and if we could get the Duke of Mars for GM , he'd bring in stamkos and bure and orr and lemieux and forsberg and matt roy and celine dion and all for league minimum and he'd bring back the nordiques too.

and cure lupus and overdoses and fix the polar icecaps.

who couldn't get behind that?

and us with our damn used car GM pun-adjacent!!!

Reactions: Buffdog

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Watching what he’s doing today makes me really sad to think what Barry Trotz could have done with this team. But nope, we hitched our wagon to Chevy & Eric Comrie and their lifetime contracts.
Let's revisit this post every offseason for the length of those contracts

I hate the oilers but man, arvidsson and Skinner are nice adds to an already good team.
Oh wow they did do skinner after all... yeah their forwards are all offence and fk the D so he's going to do well there

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Arvidsson would have been a nice pick up. I was hoping for him over Iafallo in the PLD deal

But I guessif you're gonna choose a frozen Canadian tundra city, you pick the one with the best player in the world
For a combined 7m cap hit? That's a pretty good dman...

Looks like they are sweetening the pot for Drai - get his numbers up so they have to pay him 15m

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I am a bit surprised Ken Holland is moving on now when it seems like that team is on the cusp? There must be more of a story here.
I'm very surprised as well to see Holland moving on from Edmonton ? You'd think he'd want to stick around and get credit for what he built out in Edmonton, and their very close to winning the Cup next year.

Seems to me that there's more to this story than we're being told. Doesn't make any sense ?

Reactions: ps241

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
I hate the oilers but man, arvidsson and Skinner are nice adds to an already good team.
Now looks like Henrique is going back as well. That is going to be tough to beat next years.

Nuge - McDavid - Hyman
Skinner - Drais - Kane
Holloway - Henrique - Arvidsson

D sucks but that's probably the best three lines in the leauge.

Skinner + Arvidsson + Henrique = $10M. What a deal.

Last edited:

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Now looks like Henrique is going back as well. That is going to be tough to beat next years.

Nuge - McDavid - Hyman
Skinner - Drais - Kane

That’s a very solid looking line up

Oilers have to go all in next year, after that they are going to be on the downswing…can’t waste McDavid and Drai

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Trouba situation with the Rangers is an absolute mess. For those not following the drama:
  • Trouba's NMC changed into a modified 15 team NTC yesterday
  • Rangers tried to trade him Detroit with 2.5 million retained to free up capspace to sign players (both their own and FA).
  • Detroit is on Trouba's NTC list. Rangers ask him to waive the NTC or they will place him on waivers and get rid of his contract that way
  • Trouba camp leaks he won't be happy with a trade not only to Detroit but even to teams not on his NTC list as his wife has 1 more year of residency left and she has to stay in NY
  • This scares off other teams who are interested in Trouba and not on his No trade list, who now don't want to trade for him.
  • Now looks like Rangers are stuck with Trouba for this season, there is bad blood between the two parties, fans are pissed, some at Trouba some at the Rangers.
  • Trouba is still the captain going into the next season.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Trouba situation with the Rangers is an absolute mess. For those not following the drama:
  • Rangers tried to trade him Detroit with 2.5 million retained to free up capspace to sign players (both their own and FA).
  • Detroit is on Trouba's NTC list. Rangers ask him to waive the NTC or they will place him on waivers and get rid of his contract that way
  • Trouba camp leaks he won't be happy with a trade not only to Detroit but even to teams not on his NTC list as his wife has 1 more year of residency left and she has to stay in NY
  • This scares off other teams who are interested in Trouba and not on his No trade list, who now don't want to trade for him.
  • Now looks like Rangers are stuck with Trouba for this season, there is bad blood between the two parties, fans are pissed, some at Trouba some at the Rangers.
Don't really get what NYR are expecting lol. The guy specifically forced a trade to NY area only because of his wife's work and now they are angry that he doesn't want to waive his NTC they agreed to for a team in Michigan when giving him his contract?

Talk about being a spoiled franchise and fan base...

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Rangers need to trade him to the West coast so his wife can file for divorce.:laugh:

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
That’s a very solid looking line up

Oilers have to go all in next year, after that they are going to be on the downswing…can’t waste McDavid and Drai
I totally agree with you, that the Oilers are going to be a force to be reckoned with this upcoming season. They signed Arvidsson, Skinner, and retained Henrique, while not losing any star players. They definitely will be in the Top 3 teams favoured to win the Cup. Maybe # 1 ?

I would have liked to see the Jets go after Arvidsson, but they were trying to sign Monahan.

I'm OK with the Jets not making a panic fast decision, like all these other teams. Chevy is more of a longer term strategic thinker, and won't pull the trigger on a deal, unless he feels there's good return. I like the way Chevy deals.

Will be interesting on what he does with McGroarty and Ehlers. There is still some fireworks to come yet.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Nuge - McDavid - Hyman
Skinner - Drais - Kane

I hope that their defense and goaltending don't hold up and they miss the playoffs, just hate that spoiled franchise.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
WOW - Toffoli signs for 4 yrs @ $ 6 mil per yr, total $ 24 million. What a massive overpay by the Sharks. The guy is a slow, and awkward skater, who I would maybe give $ 3.8 mil per season to sign him. He can score though, so I guess their hoping he works out somehow. Very big risk IMO.

It's great the Jets are staying away from these older players, getting huge contracts. I'd like to see the Jets work some younger guys into the lineup, like Lambert and Chibrikov.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

But but but………..those big cheap shots, oh I mean hitz

Dude is hiding behind his wife’s situation again to justify his actions. Jacob nobody gives a shit if you have to be long distance for one hockey season as your wife does her last year in residency. Is this clown for real.

The contract was a joke from day 1

Playing hardball with James Dolan.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Dude is hiding behind his wife’s situation again to justify his actions. Jacob nobody gives a shit if you have to be long distance for one hockey season as your wife does her last year in residency. Is this clown for real.

Imagine playing for a team that you absolutely know for sure that they want you gone.Trouba isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.:laugh:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
If the alternative is not seeing your wife and one year old baby for a year??….
He could retire he could relocate, possibilities are endless.
There are several teams within a close distance
NYI , Devils, Flyers* ( 90 miles I believe but stand corrected )
Small commute, every day people travel just as far to work in GTA
I know a guy who works in downtown Toronto and commutes daily from Barrie and has for years.
With housing costs it’s pretty common in the east.
It can be done , he just doesn’t want to do it.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015

Don’t the islanders play in. Brooklyn?

Reactions: ps241

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad