Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The Jets go into the playoffs giving up the least amount of goals in the league and Florida is second. In the playoffs the Jets defense looked like it was the worst in the league and Florida shut down every team they played and about to win the Cup. I just can't wrap my head around how we turned into an absolute embarrassment.
Our "Best" players weren't our best players, nobody played well. Hopefully we can figure out why next season.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The Stanley Cup is a club trophy awarded to a team in a specific city... it is NOT a trophy awarded to a Country.

Buffalo has never won the Cup. Do you think people in that city are happy because Florida wins it? Will they be more OK with missing the playoffs for 13 straight seasons, because they can wake up and be happy a U.S. team won it?

How about San Jose, Arizona, Nashville, Minnesota. Are they all going ... USA USA after Florida wins?

People need to get over this...
Yeah this is probably the weakest argument to follow a Canadian team post season.

f*** each and every one of the Canadian teams not named the Jets.

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
The Jets go into the playoffs giving up the least amount of goals in the league and Florida is second. In the playoffs the Jets defense looked like it was the worst in the league and Florida shut down every team they played and about to win the Cup. I just can't wrap my head around how we turned into an absolute embarrassment.
Jets have zero grit and passion. Defense sucks.
Lb should have got a few games in.
Watching other series, Jets aren’t even close to make it to the show.

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Jets have zero grit and passion. Defense sucks.
Lb should have got a few games in.
Watching other series, Jets aren’t even close to make it to the show.
Hopefully this is where the Jets learned something. TB was swept by Columbus after a record setting regular season then won the SC next season. I’m hoping for a similar story arc.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
There are some players that get wired up just for the playoffs and some that don’t have that extra focus. I don’t think new coach is going to motivate our current roster for playoffs.

Reactions: kylbaz

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
There are some players that get wired up just for the playoffs and some that don’t have that extra focus. I don’t think new coach is going to motivate our current roster for playoffs.
I think that the right guys incorporated into the lineup can help bring others into the fight

I'm disappointed as I thought we had those players. Schiefele, Lowry, Morrissey, Hellebuyck, Niederrater and Namestnikov. You'd think that would be enough - even Toffoli has shown playoff intensity.

Something is stinky in the Jets dressing room STILL. Based on things I've heard and thought I may know who it is but I can't post here because I don't have first hand vetted knowledge.

If it's true, we're boned.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Certainly an element of truth to this. In hindsight, the worst decision that chevy ever made was to trade with Vegas for 1 more year of a declining Enstrom. Could have drafted Suzuki and had a damn good 1-2 centre punch right now.
Looking back at the protection list today, it likely came down to moving down 11 spots to ensure that Armia and Copp (and Perreault) weren't going to become casualties of Enstrom's NMC. Given how Copp turned out, that probably was a good decision - and let's not forget what we got out of Armia and Perreault (and Enstrom in 17-18!).

Of course, the optics of the trade are hideous in hindsight, with Vegas hitting on Suzuki and the Jets screwing Vesalainen over, but at least we salvaged value by not losing a good young asset in Copp (or Armia, who knows who would have gone to Vegas otherwise).

I'd say Chevy's worst move was pretty clearly the Hayes trade, because acquiring rentals when the team sucks is the equivalent of incinerating capital. Fortunately, the list of his truly bad moves is quite short.

Reactions: wpgallday1960

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I think that the right guys incorporated into the lineup can help bring others into the fight

I'm disappointed as I thought we had those players. Schiefele, Lowry, Morrissey, Hellebuyck, Niederrater and Namestnikov. You'd think that would be enough - even Toffoli has shown playoff intensity.

Something is stinky in the Jets dressing room STILL. Based on things I've heard and thought I may know who it is but I can't post here because I don't have first hand vetted knowledge.

Seems like the Jets have too many players content on just playing Oct-April, playoffs interfere with their summer plans!

Last edited:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

There's more than a few people that have heard the dressing room chatter...

Reactions: Jet and Buffdog

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Hopefully this is where the Jets learned something. TB was swept by Columbus after a record setting regular season then won the SC next season. I’m hoping for a similar story arc.
Funny you should mention TB was swept by Columbus. Bobrovsky was the reason why CBJ swept TB and then Florida signed him a few months later for $70 million. Many thought paying $10 million for a goalie until the age of 36 is insane ... well it worked out great for the Panthers so far.
Also Panthers picking up Forsling off the waiver wire was a great move.

I loved Maurice's post game comment after game 3 ... he said the players run the room he just shows up once in awhile.
It's too bad he never showed up once in awhile in the Jets dressing room or maybe Wheeler locked him out.:laugh:

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021

Do share? I doubt anyone cares if it's vetted as long as you are clear it's not substantiated.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
8tyyce.jpg

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Just chatting with my son about the finals and we're saying how hard it is to win the cup. Edmonton has the best player on the planet and another in the top 10 in Drai and they won't be able to pull it off

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

There are three players on the Jets whose contracts are of a long enough term and whose play has sufficient impact to say "we're boned" if they're stinking up the locker room or otherwise failing to meet expectations -- Scheifele, Hellebuyck and Morrissey. Morrissey doesn't seem like he has a bloated ego, and he's been by and large improving the past few years thanks in part to his willingness to be coached. Hellebuyck does have a bloated ego, but he's a goalie so you can expect him to act oddly; plus his game hasn't fallen off really at any point in his career (well, except for that playoff thing). As for Scheifele, bloated is probably too small a word for his ego. Count the times he says "I" and "me" in his interviews. On the power play he stands around killing time but still apparently gets to decide where he plays. At even strength he's in a coma half the time yet considers himself such an offensive whiz that he entitles himself to regularly extend shifts and play whatever type of game he wants. Half the Jets fans I know think the team should have cut bait with Scheifele instead of signing him again, taken their lumps with a reset and have at least a fighting chance of escaping the ceiling of mediocrity they have now contracted themselves to; the other half don't necessarily disagree with that opinion but are still undecided. If you came out and identified Scheifele as the Jet you're talking about, I doubt you'd surprise anyone. Not identifying him isn't lowering the number of people who thought "Scheifele" as soon as they read your post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad