Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I'd actually take a flyer on Kotkaniemi. He's 4.82M long term and scores at about 0.4 PPG pace

He's young, has size, skates decently, and plays centre. I think there is untapped potential there still

No trade protection, either. People will lose their minds for me suggesting this, but I'd do one year of Ehlers straight up for him if we can't find a trade partner that will help us address the RHD hole

This of course assumes that ehlers wants out and there's no extension in place
Seems like an overpriced version of Namestnikov. Not terrible, but nothing special either.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I’m liking Tkatchuk more since he went to Florida. It’s nice to see a player elevate their game in the playoffs. Thats a strange concepts for a Jets fan. If we had more players like him we’d be a lot better off.

I understand the concept of wanting players who elevate in the playoffs, even if I think you're underestimating how much our "Jurassic Park coaching + literal zero analytics department" strategies hurt us. Even at that, I'd insist it not be a human cockroach like Tkachuk.

I’m sorry I just don’t understand this Rempe phenomena, the guy can barely play hockey

He's very tall..
You Can't Teach That.gif

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I’m liking Tkatchuk more since he went to Florida. It’s nice to see a player elevate their game in the playoffs. Thats a strange concepts for a Jets fan. If we had more players like him we’d be a lot better off.
The Jets played like they didn’t want to be in the playoffs, most of the team content to end the season as soon as possible!

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I understand the concept of wanting players who elevate in the playoffs, even if I think you're underestimating how much our "Jurassic Park coaching + literal zero analytics department" strategies hurt us. Even at that, I'd insist it not be a human cockroach like Tkachuk.
Just to be clear, you think that a couple of line up shake ups and line combos made the difference in that series with the Avs?

Jets employ 4 people in their analytics department, which is about average for the league

Reactions: surixon

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Just to be clear, you think that a couple of line up shake ups and line combos made the difference in that series with the Avs?

Jets employ 4 people in their analytics department, which is about average for the league
If they really employ 4 people in their analytics department, then what do those people actually do for a living? But you're correct to call out "literal zero", since they could very well hire people just to say "look, we have an analytics department; our coach just ignores every single piece of advice they send".

Bowness was clearly not just the oldest coach in the league but the least modern of the bunch. That game five line usage paints a picture all on its own.

And yes, I'm aware that a coach has many more decisions to make than pulling the goalie. But if they resort to an important universal tactic like it was closer to the first day it was used than the present day, I consider that a really good barometer -- or I guess a chronometer, more accurately -- as to how old-school a coach is.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Overpaid Canadian Frauds can't beat the Swiss with their handful of NHL'ers!

F'n embarrassing!

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Oh look Nino was the Swiss' 1RW and had a huge impact... they were lucky they didn't have the 'talent' to push him down to the shutdown line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad