Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I know there's a lot of hate for Toronto and Edmonton on this board, but I'm happy to see 2 Canadian teams advance to the 2nd round, and hope that one of them wins.

I'm a Jets fan first, and if their not in the mix, I'll support any Canadian team that is in contention. Nice to have 2. Both really good teams.

It's been a very long time since a Canadian team has won the Stanley Cup, and it's about time. Either one of them winning is OK by me.

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
I'm happy Edmonton won and are advancing to the second round. My prediction at the beginning of the season was that they would meet Carolina in the finals and win.

I never want to see a generational player go too long without winning at least one championship. 8 years is long enough.

I can't predict the future, but don't come crying to me if edmonton loses.

Reactions: Channelcat

SUX2BU

Average user of an average team
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Leaves

1682849144110.gif

Been around

Jul 16, 2022
I'm rooting for the leafs..their my 2nd team.
After jets 1.0 left I quit watching hockey for a couple years...slowly got back into it, spending time with my dad on Saturday nights instead of barhopping. I've got lots of memories now that I can cherish forever

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
It's been a very long time since a Canadian team has won the Stanley Cup, and it's about time.

Positive post, sir. All this logic in the absence of vitriol! :laugh::laugh::laugh: I find myself appreciating it, despite myself. This last line is the truth and bears mentioning.

I am stubborn and can't wholeheartedly cheer for either. But, this doesn't preclude a morbid fascination.

The Feck Vegas series will be interesting and I think most of Tranna is pulling for Chucky and company.

Reactions: GNP and imec

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Both leafs and oilers advancing sucks, meanwhile we fizzled out with a whimper

Hope Vegas takes Edmonton out.

Would be nice for Toronto to get bounced in the second round too. If people are going to root for them that’s their prerogative. For me, I hope they both get swept
My hatred for Vegas exceeds my hatred for the Oilers. Wouldn’t hurt to see McDavid and a Canadian Team that isn’t the Leafs win a Cup at some point.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Im not necessarily rooting for the Oilers, because an image of Evander Kane raising the cup above his head makes me puke...

But i am rooting for McDavid winning a Cup in a Market that shares similar problems that Winnipeg suffers from.

I would like to see a Canadian team win it all as it has never happened in my life time. Then again, the thought of the Maple Leafs hoisting the Cup could result in my death.

So of all the remaining teams, i think ill probably jump on the Edmonton bandwagon.

I apologize to Jets 1.0 fans as I realize this is sacrilege, but i wasn't around for that period.
I agree with everything you said except wanting to see a Canadian team win it, especially if it’s any of Toronto, Edmonton or Montreal. If it’s not the Jets it holds no sentiment for me.

Despite the whole Evander Kane, hoisting the Cup, I’d begrudgingly cheer for them over Leaf nation.

Anyone but Vegas, Edmonton, or Toronto.
This is how I feel!!!

Reactions: Ducky10

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Anyone else on Shaw just have their TV connection completely eat shit as the intro to the Game 7 was on?

Outage map says all of MB.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
much like morrissey having a career year w/ a new coach... montour is doing the same in FLA. he also opens up the scoring against BOS

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
2-0 Panthers. I'd love to see PoMo knock off the Bruins

Maybe some posters here would realize he's not as shitty of a coach as they think he is

Reactions: MarkWheeler

MarkWheeler

Dec 16, 2018
I’m jumping on the Panthers bandwagon now, if they pull this off tonight, that’ll be an upset for the ages. As much as I hate Tkachuk, he’s exactly the kind of player we could use.
I’m happy to see Paul Maurice do well, and nothing would make me happier than to see then upset Boston, then knock off the Leafs.

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
I’m jumping on the Panthers bandwagon now, if they pull this off tonight, that’ll be an upset for the ages. As much as I hate Tkachuk, he’s exactly the kind of player we could use.
I’m happy to see Paul Maurice do well, and nothing would make me happier than to see then upset Boston, then knock off the Leafs.
Panthers are fighting the refs as well… just brutal. Bertizzi sold that last one. And another one! Wow

Reactions: TEH FIRST NOEL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad