Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Boston with their first regulation loss after scoring first, leading after one, and leading after two Periods. Had to happen, but are they a strong team. EDM looking pretty strong as well.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Looking like Tampa is loving Mikey E. Non stop compliment's on his non stop motor. Chevy done f’d up bad on that one. Especially considering we wasted a draft pick to acquire the guy (Namestnikov) who was traded for Mikey E( the guy we gave away for free). Quality asset management!!

Yeah, put up 9 minutes tonight and then got kicked out.

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
Boston with their first regulation loss after scoring first, leading after one, and leading after two Periods. Had to happen, but are they a strong team. EDM looking pretty strong as well.
Unfortunately I think the Oilers may be on to something.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Yeah, put up 9 minutes tonight and then got kicked out.
Go to the Tampa page and see what they are saying about him. Any team that you can think of that could use a guy leaving it all out in the ice for his team? Think hard….

And that still doesn't excuse the fact Chevy wasted a pick on a guy who was traded for the guy we gave away for free now does it.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Go to the Tampa page and see what they are saying about him. Any team that you can think of that could use a guy leaving it all out in the ice for his team? Think hard….

And that still doesn't excuse the fact Chevy wasted a pick on a guy who was traded for the guy we gave away for free now does it.

Who Namestnikov was traded for doesn't factor into my opinion on the trade.

I could think of better players I'd rather have than 0 points and minus 2 in 4 games.

I'm glad they liked Eyssimont today, good for him. I'm not torn up about losing him.

Truenorthducky

Oct 10, 2020
Looking like Tampa is loving Mikey E. Non stop compliment's on his non stop motor. Chevy done f’d up bad on that one. Especially considering we wasted a draft pick to acquire the guy (Namestnikov) who was traded for Mikey E( the guy we gave away for free). Quality asset management!!
I guess San Jose fucd up as well erring him go

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Did you see the play Namestnikov made to make it a 3-2 game. That's skill. Put Eyssimont in the same situation without Dubois and the result would have been the same as we saw here before he got waived. Falling down. Losing one on one battles. He had a nice camp and a nice run, but we have the better player. Eyssimont has 0 points and is -2 since in 4 games with the Lightning, in which they have lost 3 of them now. It's not like he is making a difference. I still have hopes that Namestnikov has an impact here, beyond Mikey's motor.

Reactions: Jet

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
I guess San Jose fucd up as well erring him go
Kind of telling when the 2 time Cup champs (and runner up last year) with a shot at another run this year go seeking out his services before what they hope to be a long playoff run-no? It’s not like they were unfamiliar with what Namestmikov could bring to the table, yet they still went with Essymont. Yet here we are giving him away for free.

Look, I’m not saying he is a major goal scoring threat or star player by any means. But from all accounts, even from our fan base, he was a guy who works harder then most, and that is contagious on a team. God knows we could use a lot of that with the effort some of our so called ‘stars’ are putting out there.

Reactions: Truenorthducky

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Kind of telling when the 2 time Cup champs (and runner up last year) with a shot at another run this year go seeking out his services before what they hope to be a long playoff run-no? It’s not like they were unfamiliar with what Namestmikov could bring to the table, yet they still went with Essymont. Yet here we are giving him away for free.

Look, I’m not saying he is a major goal scoring threat or star player by any means. But from all accounts, even from our fan base, he was a guy who works harder then most, and that is contagious on a team. God knows we could use a lot of that with the effort some of our so called ‘stars’ are putting out there.
It was a cap move. Nothing more

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

The effort up front has been fine lately. They aren't missing "energy guys". Eyssimont will rotate out in the playoffs. I also don't think framing it as "They could've kept Namestnikov but they went with Eyssimont instead" is correct.

Reactions: Krauser

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
The effort up front has been fine lately. They aren't missing "energy guys". Eyssimont will rotate out in the playoffs. I also don't think framing it as "They could've kept Namestnikov but they went with Eyssimont instead" is correct.
I mean, they traded one for the other, so ya it kind of does mean that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad