Around the NHL — Episode XLXVII

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Man, we’ve had our draft day blunders but passing on Michkov for Reinbacher is going to sting for a long time.
It's insane. Everyone aside from Chicago made a gigantic, gigantic blunder letting him drop.

It's at least "somewhat" understandable with being from Russia and what was going on with his dad. But it was as free a pick for a franchise player as you could get.

They seem to have learned going with Demidov this year

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Honestly he's a similar coach to Green. Firm, straighforward, honest and demanding. Protects his players too. Both want their players to play aggressive forecheck.

There's things I don't like about Green already, for example how he sets-up the PK. ....
I find their PK setup pretty odd. Some sort of diamond formation with the strong side d-man playing really far up from the goal line.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's insane. Everyone aside from Chicago made a gigantic, gigantic blunder letting him drop.

It's at least "somewhat" understandable with being from Russia and what was going on with his dad. But it was as free a pick for a franchise player as you could get.

They seem to have learned going with Demidov this year

Michkov just seemed like a Montreal fit given their experience with guys like Kovalev who have entertaining upside.

They could also afford to wait until he came over.

Reactions: DrEasy

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Man, we’ve had our draft day blunders but passing on Michkov for Reinbacher is going to sting for a long time.

Fortunatly for them they didn't make the same mistake twice and pass on Demidov, who is probably going to make the teams ahead of him look terrible for passing on him too.

Zero doubt in my mind we would have passed on both had we had the opportunity to draft them.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Cool. I'll see what it's about for the free month at least. Been waiting for someone to offer a solid 4K broadcast even if limited games.
With Prime, you also get free shipping, full access to their videos and music library. I get the annual membership for $99 + tax for year so very reasonable considering I shop at Amazon a lot and they have a lot of series/movies I like (and it's updated monthly).

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
With Prime, you also get free shipping, full access to their videos and music library. I get the annual membership for $99 + tax for year so very reasonable considering I shop at Amazon a lot and they have a lot of series/movies I like (and it's updated monthly).
Ya there's a fair bit included that the value is definitely there if you take advantage of it. Less so for a shameless media micromanager pirate, but I won't get in to that.

I do find the free shipping a bit of a misleading benefit though. Yes, it is free, but it's also free if you compile over $35 worth of stuff just the same, which is so easy to do that I feel like I already get free shipping on everything. I just add on some food or household items I'd be buying anyways. Granola bars, bounce sheets, laundry strips, baby wipes, hemp hearts, chia seeds, etc. Always stuff I can add on to get there easily.

Reactions: LiseL

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
I agree, but tbf, it's not a standalone

You get
-free shipping
-free prime video
-Free prime gaming
-free prime music
-free ebooks with prime reading

None are great on their own, but I guess if you make use of all of them it's alright.
You also get 1-2 day delivery if item is in stock at an Amazon warehouse. Also, when comparing the price to other streaming services that only offer video, I think it's a good deal. Now if they start having a weekly hockey game at no extra charge, even better.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Fortunatly for them they didn't make the same mistake twice and pass on Demidov, who is probably going to make the teams ahead of him look terrible for passing on him too.

Zero doubt in my mind we would have passed on both had we had the opportunity to draft them.

Imagine passing on a Michkov/Demidov talent to go after a Tyler Boucher. I'm actually worried that our scouting staff would go that direction which is why we might still need some changes.

Michkov/Demidov had very low PIMs in junior/before the NHL, except Michkov last season after being drafted

Selfish move. I'm glad that we kept Murray.

Gustavsson for Talbot might not even the Top-10 of Dorion worst moves, as crazy as it sounds

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad