Around the NHL — Episode XLXVII

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I generally find Prime a little lacking in content that doesn't require additional subscriptions\

TV shows on there I like are more than some others
Reacher
Jack Ryan
Bosch
The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
I agree, but tbf, it's not a standalone

You get
-free shipping
-free prime video
-Free prime gaming
-free prime music
-free ebooks with prime reading

None are great on their own, but I guess if you make use of all of them it's alright.

Reactions: Icelevel

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I boycotted Amazon for years because of how they treat their workers, but they've become so all-encompassing that it became quasi-impossible not to subscribe to Prime. I do try to use local businesses as much as possible though and only order things from there when they aren't available elsewhere.

By the way they will be streaming the Sens-Flames game on November 25th so anyone interested but doesn't already have a subscription could probably wait until then to get it.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Really? A lot of people criticised season 1 and despite some quibbles I was overall positive on it, but Season 2 has been utterly painful. I remember hearing the first one was really expensive, did they like slash the budget in half? Everything feels off on it lol
A lot of people are upset with the writing and the changes to some of the lore, but there are apparently many more, perhaps casual fans, that are still watching the show.

I think a show like this really suffers from hardcore fans who want exactly what they expect and are usually the people that will engage online. Will be almost impossible to satisfy the hardcore fans of this franchise

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I can appreciate how it wouldn't appeal to someone who is up to speed on all the lore from the games, but as someone who had no knowledge of the games going in, I thought it was well done, I had no expectations for them to fail to meet.

It seems to me they took some liberties with the source material.

Meh, I played Fallout 1-4, and NV, not to mention the original Wasteland on Commodore 64, and I thought it was great and in keeping with the dark humour of the video game series.

RoP Season 2 I thought was pretty good. Tons of people watching it aswell

Season 2 was much better than Season 1.

Mainly because of the X and Celebrimbor scenes which obviously weren't in Season 1.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
A lot of people are upset with the writing and the changes to some of the lore, but there are apparently many more, perhaps casual fans, that are still watching the show.

I think a show like this really suffers from hardcore fans who want exactly what they expect and are usually the people that will engage online. Will be almost impossible to satisfy the hardcore fans of this franchise

I have no idea about the original lore, but the writing took a huge hit in its own right. It bordered on cringe in the first season, but I'm no stranger to fantasy and that doesn't really phase me. But this season it feels like it's written by children. And even like.. the make-up? is really heavy-handed and bizarre looking? Nori looks like a two-bit can-can dancer ffs. I'd been remaining completely in the dark about it so I could watch the whole thing without spoilers but now I'm actually having a hard time finishing it :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad