Around the NHL — Episode XLXVII

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I seem to remember he played very well when he first got here. As you said, that could wear off. However, if he is playing his L side and gets a good partner, he could be much better than he was here, barring injury. It would be just our luck, wouldn't it? However, keeping him wasn't an option IMO as he's due for a contract next year and there's no way we can get rid of Chabot's contract to make the room. Chabot seems to be the albatross we have to endure.

Several teams would go after Chabot if he was available. The guy produces around 12 goals and 50 points per 82 games (65% of his production comes at ES too), can fill big minutes effortlessly and is elite in transition. Yes, he turns the puck over more than the average D-man but that's also because he's one of the biggest possession players in the league. There was this stat a few years ago where Chabot had the puck most out of any NHL player in a season. He has high expected goals for % because when he is on the ice, his team outchances the other team on a regular basis. I'd much rather that than a guy who "plays harder" but gets caved in.

Chabot is exactly the kind of guy teams look to add. For example, if a team was stupid enough and wanted to "get rid of" Chabot, the Oilers would offer Darnell Nurse with retention and tell you "you want to get tougher and create some cap space? A Nurse-Chabot swap would be perfect for you. We'll retain 3.0 AAV on Nurse's contract so you could save 1.75 AAV per season!"

Yeah, but Parros is in charge now, and he owns a clothing line called make hockey violent again.

Is it true though?

There's a Sens fan in that thread who says : "It's an ode to old school hockey that pokes fun at MAGA. Not a call for senseless aggressiveness lmfao."

Eww gross. As if the obvious association to T Rump doesn't turn me off enough already, but the slogan isn't winning me over either.

See above, many other comments go in that direction. I didn't even know about the existence of that clothing line until now but I'd say the MAGA affiliation is more for mocking.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Joseph with a rocket last night:

Glad Joseph is in the west so at least it's not a team in our division enjoying him and the pick that came with it.

That Devils team is going to be scary good.

When they get Pesce and Hughes back, their D is absoutely stacked.

Dillion-Hamilton
Huges-Pesce
Siegenthaler-Nemec
Kovacevic

That's an absurdly good D core

So apparently you're allowed to add high end talent and continue stacking your prospect pool even if you already have some actual talent? Too bad our ex GM didn't get the memo!

Even when things are going well, you still have to manage every single asset carefully and look to improve your stock portfolio. Can't believe we had an amateur for 7 years to manage our portfolio...

Even within what seems to be the smallest moves. Kovacevic is a pretty smart pick up.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Several teams would go after Chabot if he was available. The guy produces around 12 goals and 50 points per 82 games (65% of his production comes at ES too), can fill big minutes effortlessly and is elite in transition. Yes, he turns the puck over more than the average D-man but that's also because he's one of the biggest possession players in the league. There was this stat a few years ago where Chabot had the puck most out of any NHL player in a season. He has high expected goals for % because when he is on the ice, his team outchances the other team on a regular basis. I'd much rather that than a guy who "plays harder" but gets caved in.

Chabot is exactly the kind of guy teams look to add. For example, if a team was stupid enough and wanted to "get rid of" Chabot, the Oilers would offer Darnell Nurse with retention and tell you "you want to get tougher and create some cap space? A Nurse-Chabot swap would be perfect for you. We'll retain 3.0 AAV on Nurse's contract so you could save 1.75 AAV per season!"

Is it true though?

There's a Sens fan in that thread who says : "It's an ode to old school hockey that pokes fun at MAGA. Not a call for senseless aggressiveness lmfao."

See above, many other comments go in that direction. I didn't even know about the existence of that clothing line until now but I'd say the MAGA affiliation is more for mocking.

I doubt there would be a market for Chabot without taking back worse money. Your example is silly as Nurse has the worst contract in hockey.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Buffalo started a second rebuild, their timeline was pushed back. They don't have ANY pieces from their first rebuild. Detroit just doesn't have the same assets we have at the pro level.

If one of these three teams is breaking through this year, it's the Sens.

Lessss go babyyyy!!!

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
So apparently you're allowed to add high end talent and continue stacking your prospect pool even if you already have some actual talent? Too bad our ex GM didn't get the
Dorion is gone. Let it go.

We added a blue chip prospect and a Vezina winner in the same off season.

Yeah but did you read? Or understood? Doesn't seem like you did... again lol
I did read, you said teams would like to add Chabot and then gave a silly example. There would be no real hockey trade to make with Chabot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad