Around the NHL — Episode XLXVII

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Implying that there's some kind of big win for Vegas to pay Lehner under the table instead of through LTIR is nonsense considering there's not much of an impact to their cap situation if he's not able to play.

Blows my mind that Sweeney chose to trade Ullmark for peanuts if there were issues like this with Swayman and the team bubbling under the surface.
Boston was afraid that Ullmark would put Ottawa on his NTC come July 1st or something. I guess they couldn't find any decent deals for him.

I still think all this will be blown over in a week and he will sign

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So, Geekie gets a suspension for starting a fight after a line change and Xherji gets a fine for chasing a guy down and punching him in the back of the head?

Okay. Game on Saturday night, I guess.
Ya, idk how you justify that, like, if Geekie did a lap first it would have been no problem? I get there's a rule against it, but what Xhekaj did to pare was so much worse

Reactions: Blotto71

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Boston was afraid that Ullmark would put Ottawa on his NTC come July 1st or something. I guess they couldn't find any decent deals for him.

I still think all this will be blown over in a week and he will sign

Nothing fixes relationship problems like money.

Reactions: GCK and HSF

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
Ya, idk how you justify that, like, if Geekie did a lap first it would have been no problem? I get there's a rule against it, but what Xhekaj did to pare was so much worse
Hopefully the next guy that wants to do what Geekie did does do a lap! Full speed, no regard for the play, then jumps the guy! I don't condone violence but that would be entertaining.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
So, Geekie gets a suspension for starting a fight after a line change and Xherji gets a fine for chasing a guy down and punching him in the back of the head?

Okay. Game on Saturday night, I guess.
Suspensions in the NHL have to be the most confusing and unpredictable of all the pro leagues. Amazing how much they seem to botch it. It's like there's just no consistency whatsoever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad