Around the NHL — Episode XLXVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Why on earth would you figure Raymond would get more than Seider? Raymond, while a good player, is a smallish winger, Stu set the cap for him by being a better player in a more important position. If Raymond somehow got close to 9 then Yzerman should have gotten fired.

Seider is a big skilled RHD, I could see him pushing 9 mil, 8.5 would be a solid deal for him.
Honeslty thought both of them would get identical deals at $ 9 million at 8 years (similar to Stu and Sandy) but more since the cap's gone up since our guys signed.

Seider positionally is more important to that team, but Raymond is their equivalent of Stu. Smallish winger who carried the offensive load when their captain went down.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Yzerman really screwed up their cap situation by going crazy in the 2022 offseason.

Signed Copp, Chariot, Holl and Husso all signed to deals 3 years or longer for a total of 18.5M of deadweight.

Done good work outside of that off-season but man I have no idea what he was thinking that summer.
Completely valid points, but all those vet additions is what let the Wings have the depth to almost make it to the playoffs. If Yzerman just shows a bit of restraint that summer or even this summer, he'd have been fine. This past off season, not sure if he really needed to pay Veleno, Fischer, Gustafsson, or even Talbot.

After he paid to move Walman, I wonder what he'll have to pay to move Holl, Chiarot or Maata.

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Honeslty thought both of them would get identical deals at $ 9 million at 8 years (similar to Stu and Sandy) but more since the cap's gone up since our guys signed.

Seider positionally is more important to that team, but Raymond is their equivalent of Stu. Smallish winger who carried the offensive load when their captain went down.
Ok but Seider is their Sanderson only he plays the more important right side. Wingers get paid less than centers, and Raymond isn't as good as Stu, Seider should get more than Raymond without a doubt in my mind.

Reactions: Sensators

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Ok but Seider is their Sanderson only he plays the more important right side. Wingers get paid less than centers, and Raymond isn't as good as Stu, Seider should get more than Raymond without a doubt in my mind.
Wingers get paid less than centres, but Raymond is the only wings forward prospect who remotely hit his offensive potential so far. I wouldn't have been surprised to see Raymond get $9 million based on that and the cap having gone up a bit.

Just to be transparent, I'm not saying Raymond should get more, just that I wouldn't have been surprised if they both had similar contracts. Plus Yzerman hasn't exactly given out the most reasonable deals the last two summers so I wouldn't be surprised if his young stars made Stevie Y open the bank given how generous he's been with deals to depth guys.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Completely valid points, but all those vet additions is what let the Wings have the depth to almost make it to the playoffs. If Yzerman just shows a bit of restraint that summer or even this summer, he'd have been fine. This past off season, not sure if he really needed to pay Veleno, Fischer, Gustafsson, or even Talbot.

After he paid to move Walman, I wonder what he'll have to pay to move Holl, Chiarot or Maata.

I don't think Copp, Husso, Chariot and Holl did much to help them almost make the playoffs.

They are definitely the reason for the cap crunch and I'm not sure why he didn't just buyout one or two of them to open up enough cap space to keep Walman and re-sign their key players.

Questionable moves for sure.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Staois Ullmark trade not only got us a Vezina winner it’s obvious mind-f***ed the Bruins and not they May start their season without their team MVP/ even this distraction helps the Sens. 3D chess by Staois here

Reactions: LiseL and Relapsing

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I see Brady as 9th
Chabot as 16th

In your link.
My apologies, when I had that site filtered, it was by position

Hoff signs PTO with Edmonton. Man that team is becoming one of the most unlikeable organizations right now

I wonder if they'll have Matt Cooke join the office in some capacity too.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Staois Ullmark trade not only got us a Vezina winner it’s obvious mind-f***ed the Bruins and not they May start their season without their team MVP/ even this distraction helps the Sens. 3D chess by Staois here

I think that Swayman will get signed, but it's looking more and more like they should have kept Ullmark as an own-rental.

If they didn't have to take back cap, it would make sense. Because you could justify that the return on Ullmark was both the futures they received, and the 5M they opened up to spend somewhere else. They only freed up 2M, and worse they took on the liability of Korpisalo at 3M when they could have likely gotten an equally as iffy backup for under 2M.

Especially with how soft the market was for goalies, they could have held on to him until the TDL and still reasonably expected to get an equivalent return.

I guess their fear was that he would put Ottawa on his no trade list on July 1st in order to increase the odds that he stays in Boston, or to gain more leverage over his situation (for example, he could say I will go to Ottawa, but only with an 8x8 sign-and-trade in place).

With that said, is keeping Ullmark as part of a tandem and having him walk for nothing at the end of the season worse than getting a late 1st, but having to take Korpisalo at 3M x 4 years to get it?

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
The Swayman situation in Boston is wild and frankly f***ing awesome.

Never more happy for Staios grabbing Linus when he did.

f*** Boston. May they be bad for as long as they've been good.

Reactions: bicboi64

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
My apologies, when I had that site filtered, it was by position

Hoff signs PTO with Edmonton. Man that team is becoming one of the most unlikeable organizations right now

I wonder if they'll have Matt Cooke join the office in some capacity too.
Lol, how dare you name Hoffman and Cooke in the same post as if there's parallels.

One made a poor decision on behalf of his wife, while the other was a giant POS out to intentionally injure his peers, or in the case of Marc Savard, almost murder him.

Only real guys with issues I see are Kane and Bowman or am I missing someone?

Reactions: DrEasy

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Lol, how dare you name Hoffman and Cooke in the same post as if there's parallels.

One made a poor decision on behalf of his wife, while the other was a giant POS out to intentionally injure his peers, or in the case of Marc Savard, almost murder him.

Only real guys with issues I see are Kane and Bowman or am I missing someone?
I'm just kidding for the most part with the Cooke Hoff comaprison.

Oil have loads of guys that I can't personally stand. Perry, Nurse, JBrown, and heck even Draistal who can be dirty af.

Also, take everything I say about the Oil with less than a grain of salt, I'm a certified hater

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'm just kidding for the most part with the Cooke Hoff comaprison.

Oil have loads of guys that I can't personally stand. Perry, Nurse, JBrown, and heck even Draistal who can be dirty af.

Also, take everything I say about the Oil with less than a grain of salt, I'm a certified hater
All good, I'm just razzing ya. I forgot about Perry, I'll give you that one lol.

I get it on the hate front too. I often find myself cheering against teams more than cheering for the other team. Habs and Leafs included.

Reactions: DrEasy and bicboi64

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad