HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Bucci on waivers

I would take him over Forsberg but its probably too much work to make it happen

Reactions: Crosside

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

He was likely moved in the Vancouver trade as a proxy for cash. He is on a 1-way deal and isn't going to make the NHL.

Poolman apparently is not returning. Moving him allows the Canucks to avoid going into LTI. Brannstrom's cap hit will be irrelevant, as he will be buried. As far as Colorado goes, Landeskog also doesn't seem to be returning. Meaning they are going to be in LTI regardless. Once a team has one player on LTIR for the entire season, adding another doesn't matter in terms of the cap. It only matters in terms of real cash. That's likely why they acquired Brannstrom. It's a way to retain additional money on Poolman's 3M salary by proxy.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Bucci on waivers

I would take him over Forsberg but its probably too much work to make it happen

If we thought Bussi was an upgrade, and we figured waiving Forsberg wouldn't hurt team dynamic with Ullmark, the only consideration would be the number of contract spots we have.

Bussi makes 775k. We get 1.15M or whatever it is for sending Forsberg down. So it would actually give us an extra few hundred k of salary cap to bank.

If we are not sold on Forsberg, I think we should consider waiving him now, even without a replacement, and even if we intend to assign him to the NHL. It would give us more flexibility because he would almost certainly clear, and then he would be exempt for a set period of time.

With our schedule having very few back-to-backs and no long road trips for October, we could consider starting Forsberg in the AHL to get him some starts. It would also help us bank a small amount of cap space.

Reactions: DrEasy and HSF

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
If we thought Bussi was an upgrade, and we figured waiving Forsberg wouldn't hurt team dynamic with Ullmark, the only consideration would be the number of contract spots we have.

Bussi makes 775k. We get 1.15M or whatever it is for sending Forsberg down. So it would actually give us an extra few hundred k of salary cap to bank.

If we are not sold on Forsberg, I think we should consider waiving him now, even without a replacement, and even if we intend to assign him to the NHL. It would give us more flexibility because he would almost certainly clear, and then he would be exempt for a set period of time.

With our schedule having very few back-to-backs and no long road trips for October, we could consider starting Forsberg in the AHL to get him some starts. It would also help us bank a small amount of cap space.
could be a solid Ben Bishop type pickup imo

zenator

Jan 1, 2004
They won't want a prospect who has never played in the NHL as backup. I'd prefer him to Sogaard, but there's no way to get him to Belleville.

The Brannstrom news makes it certain that not tendering him was a good move.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
They won't want a prospect who has never played in the NHL as backup. I'd prefer him to Sogaard, but there's no way to get him to Belleville.

Good chance he is better than Forsberg who has shown time and time again he might not be an nhl goaltender.

hes also 26 . I think someone is taking him

Reactions: Crosside

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

Everybody except the same advanced stats kids who thought Chris Wideman was better than Cody Ceci knew that Brannstrom was probably not a definitive NHL player.

He's in that fantastic pro hockey player who could be a star in every other league in the world but cannot stick in the NHL. He'll go to the KHL and live it up with Stephan Da Costa.

With that said, I could see Vancouver possibly getting a pick for him down the line. During the season, there will be a team that has significant injuries and just needs someone who has played NHL games before. In those kinds of situations, teams will usually give up a 4th-7th round type pick for a defenseman, especially one who is waiving exempt.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

They really should do this. I think he got all those pre season starts because they wanted to evaluate him... His penchant for soft goals especially early... there's gotta be better options.

Reactions: Crosside and HSF

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
They really should do this. I think he got all those pre season starts because they wanted to evaluate him... His penchant for soft goals especially early... there's gotta be better options.
Its kind of funny, all broadcast last night noodles is talking about how Forsberg can push Ullmark, I feel like Noodles hasn't paid attention to Forsberg for over a year now...

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

The only reason they won't do it is because all of our goalies except for Ullmark stink, and according to some slice of life videos I saw produced by the Sens social media staff, Ullmark and Forsberg are besties. So if we're going to have a bad goalie sitting on the bench, it might as well be someone who gets Ullmark's sense of humour.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Its kind of funny, all broadcast last night noodles is talking about how Forsberg can push Ullmark, I feel like Noodles hasn't paid attention to Forsberg for over a year now...
a lot of people outside of the sens fandom i feel like feel this way. Even SDPN preview talked about how Frosberg has shown to be good...when he hasnt

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

It is sad, because the season that got Forsberg signed was elite if you consider how much better he was than any other goalie who was unfortunate enough to have to play behind our team during this rebuild. I think if you look back, it's the only good season a goalie has had for us since 2018. .917 over 46 games for the Sens is like a goalie for a decent team having a .980 save percentage. That season should get him in the conversation for a HHOF nomination.

I don't know enough about goalies to know if it is a coincidence that he has stunk ever since both knees got nerfed.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

I wanted to waive him last year when we were over the cap, let alone this year after seeing him struggle all of last year.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Sure, if his cap hit was around say 5.

And we've got a shallow prospect pool and we're down a first from the Dandanov deal.

The absolute best thing that could happen here down the road is LTIR'd.
Are you talking about Chabot? That's crazy talk.

His contract will look better and better. Let's see how he does this year before writing him off.

Reactions: DrEasy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Are you talking about Chabot? That's crazy talk.

His contract will look better and better. Let's see how he does this year before writing him off.
I think Chabot is a mid level 2nd pair guy. He's got great transition skills and carries the puck well. He doesn't defend well and isn't really a shooting threat on the pp.

Look at his role this year

Shutdown LD? Sanderson
PP1 QB? looking like Sanderson
PK? That's probably not happening either.

His role has diminished. If Yakemchuk matures quickly he might not even have a spot of PP2 next year.

He's a couple Ms overpaid based on his likely utilization

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I think Chabot is a mid level 2nd pair guy. He's got great transition skills and carries the puck well. He doesn't defend well and isn't really a shooting threat on the pp.

Look at his role this year

Shutdown LD? Sanderson
PP1 QB? looking like Sanderson
PK? That's probably not happening either.

His role has diminished. If Yakemchuk matures quickly he might not even have a spot of PP2 next year.

He's a couple Ms overpaid based on his likely utilization
nah you need more than just sanderson to help carry the load. Its good having Chabby as a 2nd option on the PP and pretty much play in all situations.

good defensemen are vital especially those who can play in most situations

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad