Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
This series is going to go very long. Rangers seem to find a way to win even when the momentum is all in Florida's favor, but the Cats always come back to win after a loss.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Florida dominates possession against everyone but NYR are opportunistic enough/have good enough goaltending they could actually win the series. Still hard to bet against the Panthers though.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Great series between the NYR & Florida, lots of hard hitting, tough hockey, lots of action & opportunites, fun series to watch. Congrats to Czechia (formerly the Czech Republic) on winning the IIHF World Hockey Championship & dare I say it, Kubalik wins a GOLD medal. :facepalm: :banghead: :laugh:

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Wennberg was shit for NYR after being acquired, but steps up when it matters the most. Hoping the Panthers continue to shower Shesterkin with shots and get denied. As much as I hate dirtbag Trouba, there's more dirtbags on the Panthers.

If the DoPS doesn't suspend Trouba, Panthers are going to retaliate and we're going to end up with another Bertuzzi-Moore incident.

I wonder if the Canucks trade Petersen, that hockey market gets to people (Bure, Linden, Naslund, Messier) and he looks like a vacation ain’t going to do it.

If the Nucks sign Lindholm they could get a boat load for Petersen and remake their team with picks, roster players and prospects and I don’t think slip that much they play such a solid team game. So many teams looking to get young would be all over Petersen (Tampa if they had picks slot him into Stamkos spot / Nashville and Dallas always seem to be involved, Petersen for Marner, Montreal wants to make a splash and needs a C, Yzerman would be all over that.

Could be interesting, Tocchet will be at the absolute height of his power now and if he says trade him - like Boston did with Seguin it could be huge
Canucks would get an absolute haul, even with his crap playoff performance. Not sure who could even take on his caphit without sending back enough salary to make the trade fair.

I feel like Vegas would find a way to pull it off lol

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Wennberg was shit for NYR after being acquired, but steps up when it matters the most. Hoping the Panthers continue to shower Shesterkin with shots and get denied. As much as I hate dirtbag Trouba, there's more dirtbags on the Panthers.

If the DoPS doesn't suspend Trouba, Panthers are going to retaliate and we're going to end up with another Bertuzzi-Moore incident.

Canucks would get an absolute haul, even with his crap playoff performance. Not sure who could even take on his caphit without sending back enough salary to make the trade fair.

I feel like Vegas would find a way to pull it off lol

Also the big game hunters for Marner will have a choice between him and Petersen and I think that really helps get him moving with so many teams in play for big salary players

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Also the big game hunters for Marner will have a choice between him and Petersen and I think that really helps get him moving with so many teams in play for big salary players
A team like Washington can blow their assets for either, but their rebuild will be even more painful. The sole motivation would be to get Ovie to #1 on the goal scoring list though.

Something like Oshie, one of Jensen/TVR, one of McMichael or Alexeyev, Miroshnichenko, and a first round pick might get the convo going but it would be a very short sighted move by the Caps

Senovision

May 23, 2011
As of American Thanksgiving we were 15 Games played.......... 8-7= 16 points

Edmonton was 18 games played ......5-12-1=11 points

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
10 minutes into the 2nd and the stats are:

Shots: 12-0 Dallas

Goals: 3-0

Worst period I've seen Edmonton play these playoffs, and this after one of their best. How?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad