Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
When Vegas played in Arizona near the end of the season, I sat behind the VGK bench and hung around with one of their team officials. It was obvious to me that Deboer was a dead man walking. I posted something about it at that time. Sometimes, you can just sense these things coming.

Deboer is a good coach but he seems to wear out his welcome quickly.

When your owner possesses the impetuous qualities of a mini George Steinbrenner, it should surprise no-one.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I think he's been named a finalist the last 11 seasons in a row (includes his nomination today). Amazing player. I still remember him being that teenager who made the Bruins back in 2003-2004.

We're getting dangerously close to zero pre-lockout players left in the league.

Reactions: Crease

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Who's left besides MAF, Joe Thornton, Eric Staal, Brent Burns & Hugh Jessimen? (assuming Bergeron/Chara/Brown all retire)
Jack Johnson missed the cutoff by one year, FYI. But he came to mind

Read meanwhile that Dubas, Keefe, and Shanny will keep their jobs

• Haha
Reactions: Boris Zubov

fm

Jul 28, 2016
If you're TML, how do you not at least fire Keefe? Throw a dumptruck of money at Trotz? Interview DeBoer. They must see themselves as Tampa in the mid-2010s. Perpetually a year away, always choking, until suddenly the fever breaks and you're a real-deal contender. Unless you're not (Rangers of mid-2010s).

Reactions: LokiDog

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Someone posted this in the comments of the Athletic article regarding PDB's firing

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

PNG image.jpeg

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I think he's been named a finalist the last 11 seasons in a row (includes his nomination today). Amazing player. I still remember him being that teenager who made the Bruins back in 2003-2004.

That is what happens when you have great scouting. 2ed round pick. Bergeron, Lucic, Marchand. 2 2ed and 3rd round pick. Gorton did that for that Bruins team. Rangers need to get to that level of scouting at junior, college and pro ranks. that really needs to improve as an organization. The fact that this team cant draft a top line center in a organization that lacks depth is shocking. Get the best player available at the position of need. Rangers have the depth to do so at the draft this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad