Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Word is that Trotz is thinking retirement or break, which is why Lou made the change.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Deboer is OUT in Vegas
When Vegas played in Arizona near the end of the season, I sat behind the VGK bench and hung around with one of their team officials. It was obvious to me that Deboer was a dead man walking. I posted something about it at that time. Sometimes, you can just sense these things coming.

Deboer is a good coach but he seems to wear out his welcome quickly.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
So much for unlocking all of the hidden offense in the Isles roster LOL.

This is probably the best path forward for them though

If Barry Trotz sold his hockey system around North America via seminars at local hotels, he'd be the genius guru on the TV commercials promoting his system who you'd never see in person, and you'd get Lane Lambert teaching your seminar at the Fairfax Radisson Suites and Hotel.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
So the Isles fired Trotz, arguably the best coach in the league, to instead hire his cheaper and less experienced protege. Wat

If the rumor is true that Trotz is looking for a front office job, it makes sense. But if he becomes a head coach elsewhere, then bad move IMO.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
When Vegas played in Arizona near the end of the season, I sat behind the VGK bench and hung around with one of their team officials. It was obvious to me that Deboer was a dead man walking. I posted something about it at that time. Sometimes, you can just sense these things coming.

Then he isnt a good coach. He was horrible everywhere hes been. Which is why he was fired.

Look what happened when we did...

Gallant isnt a shitty coach. He makes some shitty decisions but lets be honest here. Hes a much better coach than Deboer and they shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Then he isnt a good coach. He was horrible everywhere hes been. Which is why he was fired.

Gallant isnt a shitty coach. He makes some shitty decisions but lets be honest here. Hes a much better coach than Deboer and they shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath.
"never give newer guys a chance."
i meant quinn

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

I feel like him constantly calling out his own goalies in Vegas was not a great way to get the players on his side

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
"never give newer guys a chance."
i meant quinn

Lol Quinn is horrible too and he will get another chance since for some dumb reason we keep using him for our olympic squad.

Deboer and ruff right now are two of the worst recycled coaches out there. I find it funny that people and teams think they are good and want to hire them.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I mean Deboer is trash. I love how in every sport teams just recycle shitty coaches and never give newer guys a chance.
i remember people banging the drum for Ralph Kruger. He wasn't young but he was "new blood" and hes on of the worst coaches we've ever seen in the NHL. There are very few good NHL coaches out there.

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I find it funny that people and teams think they are good and want to hire them.
possible teams are nervous in making a disastrous bet. They would prefer other teams to take those risks for them, then hire these "new" guys down the line. dumb self perpetuating cycle indeed

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Vegas is a big bounce back candidate for me next year. They got killed by injuries this past season. Just having their full lineup will help whoever the next coach is.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Lol Quinn is horrible too and he will get another chance since for some dumb reason we keep using him for our olympic squad.

Deboer and ruff right now are two of the worst recycled coaches out there. I find it funny that people and teams think they are good and want to hire them.

The only reason Quinn hasn't been hired in Philly yet is because they already had a massive swing and a miss with 1 of our ex-coaches

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
In come Trotz.
I figure Vegas wants to go after Trotz. No clue if Trotz wants to go there. I feel like Vegas is a red flag team. Between 2 pretty quick coach firings and the highly questionable Lehner signing / Fluery dump - WTH is that organization doing? They need someone who is going to help make the Eichel trade look good because so far it's been very meh.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If I were Vegas… I’m all in on Quenville.

Zero hesitation. Have him run his apology tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad