Around the League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
That's fair but it seemed to be an open secret for quite awhile that the Oil were moving on from Holland. It seems like whoever was making decisions before Bowman was signed needed to either have a better idea of what they wanted to do this summer or had inked Holland's replacement sooner. If they were willing to part with Broberg and Holloway, I think those two could have brought back more in a deal than what they got out of the poaching.

I'm a bit more pessimistic that they'll be able to pull in a good replacement before the season starts. Maybe it works out for them, but this summer has become a pretty rough look for them.

That's a good point. Really sloppy management by the Oilers there. With Draisatl and McDavid's contracts coming up, and the team needing to sell them on playing out the rest of their primes in Edmonton, this offseason and the next are crucial. So what do they do? Have a lame duck at the helm during the most active part of the offseason. There's the Oilers we all know and love.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
How about Nashville.... they have a huge amount of draft capital after getting some big free agents. Not completely sure about their roster build but they have the ammo to make a serious run if they can get chemistry.

Wild to think they have 3 x 1st and 2 x 2nds and "went for it" in free agency.

Trotz is building a 5 year window while he’s got a superstar winger, superstar defenseman, and superstar goalie. They’re probably still only 3rd in the central though. I like their team but depth is certainly lacking.

Reactions: heyfolks

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
I know he is from Michigan, but Watson has been a dirt bag to us in the past. Swear that guy only scores goal against us.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Absolutely tragic. Can't imagine what that family is going through, and during a time they should be celebrating the wedding of their sister. Hard to sum up into words how horrible you feel for the family, friends and teammates.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
This was so shocking to hear. And then learning every new level to the tragedy is just hitting harder and harder.

RIP

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Saw on Reddit... apparently good guy driver on the road slid over a bit to give Johnny and Matthew a bit more space as they passed them. And a drunk asshole driver took that driver sliding over a bit as a sign to pass on the right.

So, this damn well better be a learning moment for driving safety. Don't f***in pass on the right. It's not legal and it's not safe. Don't drive drunk. It's not legal and it's not safe.
This seems like speculation of a tragedy. I wouldn't trust Reddit as a source. For deaths, we really should wait for official reports. Not attacking you, as I know people get overzealous and like to share rumors, but this sensitive topic should have some form of decorum.

ASP: Fair enough. I'll edit it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad