Around the League Thread | Where elbows aren’t penalties and what’s the capital of Thailand again?

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Oilers fans appear to be coping by:

1) Saying their series against us was really a sweep/should have been a sweep without Skinner
2) Saying they're playing 20-70 days longer than their rivals

Lmao

The guy in the General Forums thread talking about how if Nurse/Ceci/Skinner could play 'lights out hockey' then it'd be a reverse sweep guaranteed seems to be hogging all the good, premium grade copium.

Can't wait for the rationalizations that the Canucks injuries don't count but the Oilers inevitable ones do.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
A sweep is humiliating. Winning a game or two preserves their pride and dignity, I want none of that.

A game 7 triple OT heartbreaker leading to half the Oilers squad pretty much missing their offseason would be ideal, but a sweep is 2nd best and much easier to watch.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
My biggest take away from the final is that it’s impressive how cohesive the panthers are.

At any given moment of the game, it seems like the 6 panthers on the ice (including the goalie) all share the same brain cell, they are the most “team like” team I’ve ever seen.
In the 4 seasons since Zito took over, only like 3 guys remain.. Quite the turnaround. Barkov, Ekblad, and Bob. Lundell the only first rounder on the roster since Ekblad. And they dealt like 4 of them in a row.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
A sweep is humiliating. Winning a game or two preserves their pride and dignity, I want none of that.

A game 7 triple OT heartbreaker leading to half the Oilers squad pretty much missing their offseason would be ideal, but a sweep is 2nd best and much easier to watch.

Chinese: 成王败寇, literally means victors are kings, losers are bandits. As the league's central culture has been and always will be "wins above all, ALL!" I see zero pride and dignity in defeat, no matter what.

When I wanted to say that our team's defeat still maintained their dignity, many other fans vehemently disagreed. So now I shall gleefully plagiarize their logic here: even if Oilers won 3 games and lost in game 7, they are still without their cup, so-called pride and dignity are NOTHING but the pitiful lament of a loser.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
I'm hoping Florida just shit kicks the Oilers in game 4, and ends this farce of a final 6-0 or something.

I hope they score early and take the crowd completely out of it. I wanna see crying Oilers fans starting in period number 2.

I wanna see images of their watch party completely empty by the start of period 3.

No, I'm not bitter, why do you ask?

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
My biggest take away from the final is that it’s impressive how cohesive the panthers are.

At any given moment of the game, it seems like the 6 panthers on the ice (including the goalie) all share the same brain cell, they are the most “team like” team I’ve ever seen.
I've counted the Panthers on ice several times already because it seems like there's too many of them, but nope, just playing an impressive team game/system.

Also Maurice is making knoblauch look like a lost scared child.

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB

Real shit. They look phenomenal. So much fun to watch.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Real shit. They look phenomenal. So much fun to watch.

Side note: I asked AI to draw nikita zadorov cosplaying as general zod and...not bad.
8-GsScYAbQVvWkdvg.png

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Boston Pizza should be ashamed of themselves for that whole 'let's cheer for Canada' bullshit campaign.

How about they stop price gauging us with shit food worth 15 times as much at a regular restaurant? Morons.

Rogers is right there with it. Both their commercials, and the Sportsnet broadcasters and panel. :laugh:

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Just looking at the Oilers cap for next season and never realized how screwed they are.

As of right now they have 10mill in cap space heading into next season with only 14/23 roster spots filled out.

So they have to sign 9 players with only 10mill. Goodluck!

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Just looking at the Oilers cap for next season and never realized how screwed they are.

As of right now they have 10mill in cap space heading into next season with only 14/23 roster spots filled out.

So they have to sign 9 players with only 10mill. Goodluck!

So what you're saying is...their 9 UFA players are worth a Darnell Nurse?
:sarcasm:

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad