Around the League Thread | The one where Florida blows it…?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Skinner seems like he’s flailing and not really following the puck. Panthers need to hit the damn net.

Edit…Mossey beat me to it

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
Big for Edmonton to respond so quickly.

If only we had that sort of response in 2011 G7.
We weren’t good enough or mentally resilient enough to win with that group. And I think we all need to be okay with that, looking back.

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Yep. They’ve relied on hemming teams in on the forecheck and aggression from the blueline in. But they’ve constantly left themselves open to the odd man rush counter. Somehow guys like Janmark and Brown have suddenly channeled Bure.

I'm assuming that style of gameplay isn't physically sustainable, for the Brown and Janmark points. But they are absolutely thriving as well, to their credit.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Skinner looks the exact same every time we watch him. Horrible tracking and reaction to shots, but Oilers do a good job of collapsing and blocking so much that his job is easy

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Skinner looks the exact same every time we watch him. Horrible tracking and reaction to shots, but Oilers do a good job of collapsing and blocking so much that his job is easy
And the Panthers blueline does a horrible job of changing up angles to get the shot through.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
And the Panthers blueline does a horrible job of changing up angles to get the shot through.
1719276624442.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: tantalum

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
If I'm coach I go in during intermission and mandate once to get in the O-zone and are settled, shoot everything.
Thing is, they can't shoot everything. They have to work the angles if the Oilers are cutting off the middle. Make them work, make skinner work. Turtle defence also produces more traffic, it's harder to fight through the screens.

Everyone says shoot all the time but look at us vs nashville, record number of shot attempts but basically no offence generated because it plays into the shot blocking.

Having said that you need at least 24 shots a game. You just have to make sure most of those are quality shots.

Reactions: quat

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Montour prove to me that I am right about how good you are man. Put the team on your back. Win the game.

Reactions: mossey3535

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I'm so pissed they gave up that breakaway. That's what the Oilers have been doing to them for 3 straight games and they still have no game plan to stop it.

Reactions: mossey3535

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Feel like Florida should have taken a run at Guentzel and Tanev. Florida's blueline is so mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad