Around the League Thread | The one where Florida blows it…?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Saving a tip is a little bit like hitting a curve. I think, I defer to you.

Wow, this is going to be a classic game, isn't it?
There's literally a drill that looks exactly like that play.

Read the play, your guys aren't back and you're alone with the opposing forward. He's going to try to screen and/or tip it. Another option is the soft pass to him and then he'd have all day. But the puck was released already.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Florida just keeps making huge mistakes that end up in the back of their net
Their team looks to be collectively laboured. I have no clue why they added Okposo into their lineup.

Florida needed to secure a quick 2-0 or 3-0 lead this game to have any chance.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
For the record, cheering for Edmonton tonight. The sporting story of overcoming a 3-0 deficit outweighs my rivalry-based dislike. One night only.

Reactions: mdobbs

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Florida just keeps making huge mistakes that end up in the back of their net
Thing is, 1-3 huge mistakes have been in their game all playoffs. They are not actually structured in their D, they basically have a man on man scheme that relies on good decisions and maximum effort.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Thing is, 1-3 huge mistakes have been in their game all playoffs. They are not actually structured in their D, they basically have a man on man scheme that relies on good decisions and maximum effort.

Yep. They’ve relied on hemming teams in on the forecheck and aggression from the blueline in. But they’ve constantly left themselves open to the odd man rush counter. Somehow guys like Janmark and Brown have suddenly channeled Bure.

Reactions: mossey3535

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
There's literally a drill that looks exactly like that play.

Read the play, your guys aren't back and you're alone with the opposing forward. He's going to try to screen and/or tip it. Another option is the soft pass to him and then he'd have all day. But the puck was released already.

Honestly, I feel no one ever talks about hockey IQ, reads, following the play when scouting goalies. At least not as much as they should, IMO.

Reactions: tantalum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad