Around the League Thread | Pre-Season Approaches

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
i mean the 2011 team was painted as some type of atrocity and disgrace to the hockey world. so yeah of course we should care about that.
Sorry, i still don't care what other teams fanbases said about our team then (or now). it's probably no worse than the shit we say out them. We're all more than a little unhinged.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
doesn't matter, they were the only fanbase that supported us when everyone demonized the shit out of our team. Never forget.

I'd rather have no friends and everyone hate the team rather then call the Habs fan base "friends."

And If in 2011 the Canucks were playing say the lightning, penguins etc any other team, the Habs would have had just as much hate for them as everyone else.

4th line culture

Jan 11, 2020
Stuztle hit himself in the face with his own stick. Did wifi even touch his head? Is there different angles they didnt show during the broadcast?

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Eh, I don't mind the players policing themselves to an extent out there.

Xhekaj is a throwback to the era of 'if you hit my star, you fight. If you don't flght, I go after your star'.

I remember when Peca famously caught Selanne for a hit that made him do a full flip and fractured his orbital bone and Tie Domi was caught on a hot mic saying, "Next game, don't dress Pavel. Don't dress Pavel next game".

I think cheap shots are bad and should be litigated out of the game as much as possible. But if this reduces rats who cheapshot stars and then hide behind refs, I don't mind it. Hockey is a man's game afterall (not meaning this in a misogynistic way).

Which is why I was relatively fine with what Zucker did to Cousins. The game should have some edge to it, and some more Xhekaj's in it.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I'd rather have no friends and everyone hate the team rather then call the Habs fan base "friends."

And If in 2011 the Canucks were playing say the lightning, penguins etc any other team, the Habs would have had just as much hate for them as everyone else.
i don't really care about having other fanbase as "friends". But i do care about having our players being seen as some kind of disgrace. Lightning won a ton, people kinda hate them but still respect them for who they are. I think our 2011 team was unfairly painted as cheaters.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
i don't really care about having other fanbase as "friends". But i do care about having our players being seen as some kind of disgrace. Lightning won a ton, people kinda hate them but still respect them for who they are. I think our 2011 team was unfairly painted as cheaters.

I don’t care nearly as much about other fan bases doing that than I do the media. Who can by the way get f***ed. 2011 was disgraceful, but it even continues to this day. During the Oilers series this year they were doing a segment on diving and had a bunch of Canucks examples to start off, then an Oiler example. They missed a bunch of Oilers examples and were obviiously trying to make it look like the Canucks were diving more. Disgusting.

Reactions: arttk

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I don’t care nearly as much about other fan bases doing that than I do the media. Who can by the way get f***ed. 2011 was disgraceful, but it even continues to this day. During the Oilers series this year they were doing a segment on diving and had a bunch of Canucks examples to start off, then an Oiler example. They missed a bunch of Oilers examples and were obviiously trying to make it look like the Canucks were diving more. Disgusting.

Main stream media overall is just piss water these days, and it's only getting worse.

The fact that Seravelli and Button can still remain employed proves the point even further.

Reactions: Bojack Horvatman

4th line culture

Jan 11, 2020
Even if the thing that contact his head was the stick, saying he hit himself with it is extremely disengenous.

I could be wrong but is there a rule stating you must make sure a player has his stick in a safe position before hitting them?

I was under the understanding that a player is responsible for and has to be in control of their own stick at all times.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Neely is a f***ing idiot.

Him and the Bruins deserve each other.

f*** him and that franchise.

Why? Swayman, to me, if the idiot that is behaving unreasonably, if anything. Guy has played 132 NHL regular season games in the most volatile position and wants 9.5 million by 8? Its insane, I wouldn't even offer the rumoured 7.8 by 8. And I don't think Neely characterizing the offer as 8x8 when its 7.8 x 8 is overly egregious or whatever.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Why? Swayman, to me, if the idiot that is behaving unreasonably, if anything. Guy has played 132 NHL regular season games in the most volatile position and wants 9.5 million by 8? Its insane, I wouldn't even offer the rumoured 7.8 by 8. And I don't think Neely characterizing the offer as 8x8 when its 7.8 x 8 is overly egregious or whatever.

Swayman seems like he's being incredibly greedy but the comments by Neely were ill-advised at best and basically just threw gasoline onto the fire.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Swayman seems like he's being incredibly greedy but the comments by Neely were ill-advised at best and basically just threw gasoline onto the fire.
For sure. It won't help the situation at all.

But the real problem is that Swayman is being unreasonable. Very unreasonable. And the fact that Swayman whined about a 200K per year misrepresentation of the offer the Bruins have made tells us all we need to know about him.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

Boston now not only lost leverage on the situation, but they also threw themselves into this PR mess, didn't they?

What if what Swayman's agent said was true? They tried to low ball him and claimed that 8X8 was the offer instead, then gets caught red handed with lies?

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Boston now not only lost leverage on the situation, but they also threw themselves into this PR mess, didn't they?

What if what Swayman's agent said was true? They tried to low ball him and claimed that 8X8 was the offer instead, then gets caught red handed with lies?
Except it sounds like they offered him 7.8 x 8 and that Neely was basically just rounding up to make a point. If, in fact, the offer was far less then I don't know why Swayman's agent wouldn't have said that much in his release. I think Swayman was just mad that he was being publicly called out for being so unreasonable.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Except it sounds like they offered him 7.8 x 8 and that Neely was basically just rounding up to make a point. If, in fact, the offer was far less then I don't know why Swayman's agent wouldn't have said that much in his release. I think Swayman was just mad that he was being publicly called out for being so unreasonable.

Ah, so you're saying it's also possible that Bruins did make a reasonable offer that's a hair short of a whole number, and now Swayman's camp is running away with a misquoted narrative?

Yeesh, what a mess of a situation.

Reactions: Hodgy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad