Around the League Thread | Pre-Season Approaches

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Then Bettmans future cap increase announcement just stirs the pot further

What a colossally stupid thing to say. I expect that Swayman will still sign there, but not a great moment for Seabass.

The Round Mound of Rumour Town(d) (which I listented to twice today so no one else here needs to) said that he believes the Bruins offer was 8y/7.8m and Swayman is asking for 8y/8.5m. So if that's accurate he's getting pissy over 0.7m.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Just no need to air that publicly. Game has changed It's just business and Swayman has been a great find and done everything from his end of the bargain

Why turn it ugly?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Just no need to air that publicly. Game has changed It's just business and Swayman has been a great find and done everything from his end of the bargain

Why turn it ugly?
My understanding is that Boston took Swayman to team elected arbitration in 2023. Guess there might have been some hard feelings. Thus, he took his leverage (by not opting for arbitration) as Boston dealt Ullmark so Boston has no great options without him now.
From a google search, seems like Boston offered $2 mill and he was awarded $3.45 mill. So, guessing Swayman's agent asked for something in the mid $4's to upwards of $5 mill as it does seem like NHL arbitrators tend to split the difference.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
According to Chris Johnston on his podcast, the ask from Swayman's camp is 9.5M. I get Boston recoiling but they, rather stupidly, put themselves in this situation when they traded Ullmark. It's almost funny in a way, they've built a culture of everyone taking discounts it never occurred to them some players just... won't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad