Around The League Thread | Let the Games Begin

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They could sure use artyom levshunov out there on the PP and frankly the fact that they haven't found anyone to play with Bedard is a bit of a joke switching a guy to his line that he never played with in camp?
Let's face it, the Hawks did not draft/develop much from 2017 onwards. Last great pick was DCat in 2016. Since then
2017 - Joker, Ian Mitchell on D
2018 - Boqvist, Beaudin, Kurashev
2019 - Dach, Vlasic
2020 - Reichel, Slaggert, Kaiser, Phillips.
2021 - Allan
2022 - Korchinski - not listed on their roster this season. Not sure how good it is to have a kid in the NHL for 70 games at 19 then down to the A at age 20?

2022 is when they started to load up on draft capital. As they secured 2 extra firsts dealing away DCat and Dach.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Let's face it, the Hawks did not draft/develop much from 2017 onwards. Last great pick was DCat in 2016. Since then
2017 - Joker, Ian Mitchell on D
2018 - Boqvist, Beaudin, Kurashev
2019 - Dach, Vlasic
2020 - Reichel, Slaggert, Kaiser, Phillips.
2021 - Allan
2022 - Korchinski - not listed on their roster this season. Not sure how good it is to have a kid in the NHL for 70 games at 19 then down to the A at age 20?

2022 is when they started to load up on draft capital. As they secured 2 extra firsts dealing away DCat and Dach.
Vlasic is going to turn into a fine player for them and Reichel still might although last year was really hard.

Allan will be okay as well as Korchinski who probably should have stayed in junior last year.

They have some great pieces but this year is going to be a tough one for them and I still think that they should have drafted Demidov 2nd overall this year..

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Vlasic is going to turn into a fine player for them and Reichel still might although last year was really hard.

Allan will be okay as well as Korchinski who probably should have stayed in junior last year.

They have some great pieces but this year is going to be a tough one for them and I still think that they should have drafted Demidov 2nd overall this year..
Bedard alone was not going to turn it around. Clearly a long ways to go to get back to the PO.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
Bruins fans are outraged that Tkachuk would ask Fredrick to fight and then not drop his gloves and let Fredrick take a penalty. I need to hear Jack Edwards' take on this crime against hockey.

• Haha
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
People forget how absurd Crosby (and Ovechkin’s) rookie season was because it’s been almost 20 years. Colby Armstrong has a broadcasting career because rookie Sid made that scrub a PPG player in the last half of the season and cleared his next closest teammate by 44 points, it was insane.

Bedard is good, but he’s much closer to Patrick Kane tier than the Crosby & McDavid’s of the world. That’s still incredible upside, but not generational.
To my eyes Bedard has every gift that young Kane had, and then on top of those gifts he is an exceptional shooter. He's also stronger physically than Kane and plays the more important position.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
To my eyes Bedard has every gift that young Kane had, and then on top of those gifts he is an exceptional shooter. He's also stronger physically than Kane and plays the more important position.

Don't know about that, young Patrick Kane was extremely gifted offensively. Bedard definitely has a better shot, but Kane's playmaking & handles were better than what we're currently seeing from Bedard. People seem to forget how much lower scoring the league was during Kane's early years too when making the comparison.

Bedard does play the more important position, but doesn't currently have the defensive chops to do one of the key things that makes it more important.

It's not really a knock to compare the two either, Kane is arguably the best forward in US history and an easy first ballot hall of famer.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Don't know about that, young Patrick Kane was extremely gifted offensively. Bedard definitely has a better shot, but Kane's playmaking & handles were better than what we're currently seeing from Bedard. People seem to forget how much lower scoring the league was during Kane's early years too when making the comparison.

Bedard does play the more important position, but doesn't currently have the defensive chops to do one of the key things that makes it more important.

It's not really a knock to compare the two either, Kane is arguably the best forward in US history and an easy first ballot hall of famer.

We'll see. I don't think that it'll be close. And no, I don't forget that the league was lower scoring back then but I think the more relevant comparison is that the Hawks only scored 179 goals in Bedard's rookie season compared to 239 in Kane's rookie season (and rookie Kane was eight months older than rookie Bedard).

The Stig

Rest In Peace Johnny Gaudreau
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
1. Wtf is that start time in Seattle?

2. Boston: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3. Utah is going to be a good market. Once they get the building situation sorted, it'll be a great place to catch a game.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Connor Bedard is so f***ing bad defensively.

Rick Tocchet took some shit for saying he wasn’t sure if he was a C in the NHL but he wasn’t wrong, at least right now.
This was a problem even in junior. I remember watching him at the WJC and thinking this dude is playing pond hockey. He’s a Patrick Kane.

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB

1000062309.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad