GDT: “Every day is a fresh start, a blank canvas to paint upon.” (Game #1 - Oct. 9) Flames @ Canucks [8pm MT.... 5am EEST on the 10th]

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
1728435931140.png

And so it begins...

Flames @ Canucks - 8pm MT, or 5am in Finland.

ROSTERS TO COME

Posting now because let's talk about what's coming, rather than arguing about the past, which is all that is happening right now.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
When Rango returns, I wouldn't be mad at trying Honzo at 4C with Lombo and Klapka as long as we give him PP and PK time too

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Mildly excited! Main hope for the season is just that everybody gives a shit on ice, even the vets. Probably won't be as exciting as that '14-'15 underdog season though.

For tonight, I'm just going to predict Pospisil doing something to earn a 10+ page thread on the main boards.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Leaf fan here, just wanted to know why it looks like Vladar will start? I thought the goal this year was to give Wolf the reigns and see what you got

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Leaf fan here, just wanted to know why it looks like Vladar will start? I thought the goal this year was to give Wolf the reigns and see what you got
Only Carnac the Magnificent knows..

carnac-the-magnificent-a8eca9ee-3fce-429b-9360-a654b351446-resize-750.jpeg

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Great opportunity for some young guys/rookies to showcase what they got tonight and try to stick in the lineup for a while… can’t wait to see how they do

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I never watch preseason games so just curious, how did the young guns look?
Honzek-outstanding. Big, strong, fast, good vision and hands. Oddly enough watching him in junior his shot always stood out to me the most but he hasn’t really unleashed that yet.

Coronato- played really well early but trailed off the last few games. Still think there is some Mike Cammelarri to his game if he can put it all together.

Brusztewicz-thought he played really well until the last period of his last exhibition game. I said it when we acquired him that he reminds me a lot of Rasmus Andersson, and Huska compared his to Ras as well. Just so much poise, elite vision. Just needs to get a bit faster and stronger.

Wolf-excellent until he got hung out to dry the last game. Played almost exclusively against vets with the rookies in front of him. He had a significantly better sv% than Vladar who mostly played rookie squads with veterans in front of him.

Klapka- very physical and chipped in offensively. He played well.

Parekh- I thought he got better and better as the preseason went on. Struggled in Penticton but I thought he played really well after.

Basha and Gridin also played really well. I like Gridin’s ceiling but he’s gotta get a lot quicker. Basha looks like a player, he’s really quick and has good vision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad