Around The League Thread | Let the Games Begin

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Wonder if Hall would recover enough to be a TDL pickup. Can you imagine picking him up and him finishing the Oilers off in the playoffs for us. Chefs kiss

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
imo celebrini is going to pretty quickly establish himself as the better asset this year

Connor Bedard will be a very good NHL player but he’s the most overrated player I’ve ever seen and isn’t on the same planet as Crosby/McDavid/Matthews at the same age, despite being constantly presented as an equal.

And yeah, his defensive play is just tragic. He’s there competing with Zegras for the title of worst defensive C in the NHL.

Reactions: Josepho

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
The Mikheyev effect

oof.jpg

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
8x$7M extension for Carter Verhaeghe, who is as close to a statistical comparison to Boeser as you will find.
yeah, but one of them is an elite skater and the other is Boeser (who i have a lot of time for).

Depending how Boeser looks, i don't have an issue with that cap hit, but wouldn't go anywhere near 8 years.

5 tops and i wouldn't be crazy about that.

Reactions: arttk

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
find another guy obviously.

Honestly? I could swallow losing Guenther for Garland if it was a straight one for one. Still not a good trade but one of those "oh well" moments. The fact we're having to deal with 4.7M of dead cap for two seasons after this one all because that incompetent buffoon's obsession is what infuriates me.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
yeah, but one of them is an elite skater and the other is Boeser (who i have a lot of time for).

Depending how Boeser looks, i don't have an issue with that cap hit, but wouldn't go anywhere near 8 years.

5 tops and i wouldn't be crazy about that.
8 is risky, would do it if it brings the cap down to 6.x

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
8 is risky, would do it if it brings the cap down to 6.x
Why would Boeser take anything less than 7 million? He's already on a 6.65 contract.

Also, how much are we going to continue to downplay Boeser as a player? He's a top line player for the entire time of his current contract. He's 88th in points from 2021-24.

Getting him near 7mx8 would be a steal.

Another thing, 7 or 8 million NOW is not the same as 7 or 8 million during the pandemic when the cap was flat. The cap is going to sky rocket up. Signing long term contracts now might pay off huge in a few years.

Reactions: LordBacon

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Why would Boeser take anything less than 7 million? He's already on a 6.65 contract.

Also, how much are we going to continue to downplay Boeser as a player? He's a top line player for the entire time of his current contract. He's 88th in points from 2021-24.

I'd do that in a heartbeat.
Boeser doesnt get enough love in Van.

Reactions: WTG

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

Another thing, 7 or 8 million NOW is not the same as 7 or 8 million during the pandemic when the cap was flat. The cap is going to sky rocket up. Signing long term contracts now might pay off huge in a few years.
I guess because the extra year? I don’t think any team would give him 7 years, he doesn’t seem like the kind of player teams would be willing to max term in free agency.

Also it’s hard to gauge right now because he scored 40 last season but never broke 30 in his career.

Mik with the patented shot on the logo

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Connor Bedard will be a very good NHL player but he’s the most overrated player I’ve ever seen and isn’t on the same planet as Crosby/McDavid/Matthews at the same age, despite being constantly presented as an equal.

And yeah, his defensive play is just tragic. He’s there competing with Zegras for the title of worst defensive C in the NHL.

People forget how absurd Crosby (and Ovechkin’s) rookie season was because it’s been almost 20 years. Colby Armstrong has a broadcasting career because rookie Sid made that scrub a PPG player in the last half of the season and cleared his next closest teammate by 44 points, it was insane.

Bedard is good, but he’s much closer to Patrick Kane tier than the Crosby & McDavid’s of the world. That’s still incredible upside, but not generational.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad