Around The League Thread | Let the Games Begin

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
We’ve had that discussion here before but Michkov Jagr’d his way to Philadelphia. The strange thing is no one knows why he wanted Philly. Not even Briere.
Not to mention was Tocchet willing to come in and just piss the sheets? Why would Allvin or Rutherford want to do that? 2023 wasn't 2016-19. Four lost seasons.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Flames go to 4-0-0 as a young scrappy team that was labelled for a top-5 pick this season. They have guys going all out trying to block shots while up 3-1. Like, I doubt that they keep up this pace, but they are looking a lot stronger than everyone was willing to give them credit for.

Dustin Wolf was incredible.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Flames go to 4-0-0 as a young scrappy team that was labelled for a top-5 pick this season. They have guys going all out trying to block shots while up 3-1. Like, I doubt that they keep up this pace, but they are looking a lot stronger than everyone was willing to give them credit for.

But they badly need a number 1 franchise center to build around. Being in the mushy middle isn't going to do them any good.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Happy for Michkov getting his first goal, but it looks a lot like the Eyssimont disallowed goal earlier today. One was called back and the other not? Seems strange to me.

Also strange how much they are struggling on the PP. I'm not super shocked at their records or the goals against, but that PP looks unstoppable the last few seasons, and with the same personnel returning, I'm surprised they are as bad as this so far this season.

Reactions: mossey3535

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

They'll inevitably crash but it's nice to see Huberdeau looking like himself again. Now if they could just trade us Andersson.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Not to mention was Tocchet willing to come in and just piss the sheets? Why would Allvin or Rutherford want to do that? 2023 wasn't 2016-19. Four lost seasons.

Canucks definitely prioritized getting players to understand the coaching staff, system, and expectations over a couple of draft positions.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Ugh Coilers tie it late. You just know they are getting 2 points out of this game. Gross.

Oilers seriously are the biggest cucks in the league. They have 1 line. They start the year trying to balance this and that but in the end they just throw McDrai out there together with Hyman / Bouchard and Ekholm and play them every second shift.

• Haha
Reactions: CanadasTeam99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad