Around the League Thread | Ixnay on Zerplanyay

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Between Laine and the stories about the Columbus dressing room, two young players on the same team signing offer sheets, and Ryan Johansen getting terminated, 2024 is the Mean Girls offseason.

Before the internet and particularly social media, fans would hear about something really awful every five years or so and very little else in between.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Owen Pickering first name that comes to mind, maybe Yager. Bring the hometown boy back in Pickering.
The 2 deadlines for Win were by the TDL and then the Draft in 2025. Once the TDL passes, then value drops. And would really plummet after the draft. As for Rutger, he loses the chance to burn an elc year and hit RFA at 23 if he isn't signed by the TDL. It drops again after the draft as he still needs to do the 3 year elc or return to school and become a ncaa free at which point he can sign a 2 year elc contract, but either way, hits rfa at 24.

Both options are prairie kids. Big LD in Pickering or Yager a 6 ft and probably a 180 lb or so C.

Face value, moving a Winger for a C/D is what you'd want to do from a pure value pov.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Pitt opts for a 20 year old Winger who probably should be playing pro now over a 19 year old C who has to return to the W. Must really like RM's game and style to move a C for him. Based on their 202X's drafts, they are not exactly flush with C prospects to just make Yager expendable.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i like yager as a prospect way more than mcgroarty. i don't think his style of play is gonna translate well to the nhl. he won't get the space he needs. i guess pittsburgh need help immediately tho

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
i like yager as a prospect way more than mcgroarty. i don't think his style of play is gonna translate well to the nhl. he won't get the space he needs. i guess pittsburgh need help immediately tho
Might be getting Rutger mixed up with Snuggerud, but was skating a question mark for him? On position value, Jets did well moving a winger for a C.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Might be getting Rutger mixed up with Snuggerud, but was skating a question mark for him? On position value, Jets did well moving a winger for a C.

mcgroarty's skating is okay. he's not super quick or anything but it's not a big drawback

my main concerns with him translating to the nhl is that he's a heads down bull-to-the-net kind of player and he's just not big enough or strong enough to do it in the pros. he's a good passer but not a great stickhandler so that combined with his size i don't really see how he'll be a creater in the nhl like he in college. he'll still be okay probably because he also has a good shot but i think his upside is limited

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
mcgroarty's skating is okay. he's not super quick or anything but it's not a big drawback

my main concerns with him translating to the nhl is that he's a heads down bull-to-the-net kind of player and he's just not big enough or strong enough to do it in the pros. he's a good passer but not a great stickhandler so that combined with his size i don't really see how he'll be a creater in the nhl like he in college. he'll still be okay probably because he also has a good shot but i think his upside is limited
6'1 200 plus lbs is good size, along the Iggy build, but it's not Bertuzzi, Lindros, Primeau 6'4 235 plus lbs top of the line power guy size.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
So are we gonna talk about how now two high end american prospects have essentially done the weakest thing in hockey

what is with these prospects straight up Ghosting organizations
I mean McGroarty had his "advisor" be his communicator, but even that dude was Ghosting the jets LOL
Gauthier was running from Briere at the world juniors, taking no calls, blocking texts, trying anything to get a quick face-to-face after practice or quick coffee.

Straight up text to the GM saying:
"i dont want to get into a whole long thing, and I appreciate you taking interest and drafting me and the resources you put into me, but at this point and after talking with my family I think it is best if you seek to trade me to another organization. You can have potential trade partners contact me with parameters"

Last edited:
Reactions: Grantham
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad