Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I've been told that most of those points mean nothing because they were in games where it was already over... I don't make the rules, I just know this was applied to Marner in his 3-point game against Tampa, so I think it should be applied evenly to everyone.
you also said the oilers would lose to the stars, would get spanked by panthers and many other takes

The oilers finished 2 goals away from a cup. Won 15 games and their stars led the playoffs in scoring

This is with a WCF loss two years ago, a WCSF loss last year

Oilers have been actually contending past 3 years and not just a warm up for R2 like the leafs have for the most part

Reactions: Jmo89

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
you also said the oilers would lose to the stars, would get spanked by panthers and many other takes

The oilers finished 2 goals away from a cup. Won 15 games and their stars led the playoffs in scoring

Oilers have been actually contending past 3 years and not just a warm up for R2 like the leafs have for the most part

0 cups, sorry your team lost.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

They’ve had a very successful run over the past few years.

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
Dragged them to the SCF and won the f***ing Conn Smythe. Those are f***ing results. But it makes you feel better, yeah he sucked.
results are winning a cup; ask him he'll tell you himself nothing else matters. sure was dragging them around to 1 even strength point head to head versus Barkov

• Haha
Reactions: IceBoxHockey

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
results are winning a cup; ask him he'll tell you himself nothing else matters. sure was dragging them around to 1 even strength point head to head versus Barkov
Really, it’s not like he was up against Ben Ben Chiarot or Pierre Luc Dubois. That’s why he’s not the highest paid player in the league.

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
Really, it’s not like he was up against Ben Ben Chiarot or Pierre Luc Dubois. That’s why he’s not the highest paid player in the league.
why are we talking about ben chiarot or dubois? i was discussing game 6 and 7 houdini acts. maybe they'd just score in game 7 they'd have won. Not so easy when Bob isnt Silovs and Barkov is literally your shadow.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
why are we talking about ben chiarot or dubois? i was discussing game 6 and 7 houdini acts. maybe they'd just score in game 7 they'd have won. Not so easy when Bob isnt Silovs and Barkov is literally your shadow.
He up and disappeared. Had he faced either PLD or Chiarot it would be understandable, but not Florida.

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
He up and disappeared. Had he faced either PLD or Chiarot it would be understandable, but not Florida.
No i expect McDavid to get the job done because he is apparently the greatest ever. If that was Crosby in Game 7 in that situation he doesnt get out muscled in the slot after putting Bob on his ass.

Losers Lose

So I guess games 4 and 5 of the Cup final are easy games?
not that I necessarily agree with the initial comment and am just playing devil's advocate but ive time and time read that when youre down 3-0 or 3-1 there's no pressure and that's why the leafs always come back but then never close out game 7.

• Haha
Reactions: IceBoxHockey

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
No i expect McDavid to get the job done because he is apparently the greatest ever. If that was Crosby in Game 7 in that situation he doesnt get out muscled in the slot after putting Bob on his ass.

Losers Lose

not that I necessarily agree with the initial comment and am just playing devil's advocate but ive time and time read that when youre down 3-0 or 3-1 there's no pressure and that's why the leafs always come back but then never close out game 7.
You think he’s the greatest ever? Have you not see Mitchy, Willy and Ragged Doll play in the playoffs?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
He said it was cup or bust so the team busted but you cannot deny he pulled his weight.

Losers Lose

Yet you defend Willie and shit on Matthew Tkachuk who was crap in the SCF. Make up your mind.

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
He said it was cup or bust so the team busted but you cannot deny he pulled his weight.
of course he did but in a legacy defining moment you cant go 0-0 30% on the FO dot and get 2 shots on goal. That can't happen.

He'll be back one day and the next time he'll likely have a cup but he didn't drape himself in glory in game 7 like i thought he would i was pretty disappointed. that's what happens when you go down 3-0 and have to expend that much energy to push a game 7.

Yet you defend Willie and shit on Matthew Tkachuk who was crap in the SCF. Make up your mind.
I havent discussed a leaf player at all here in this conversation. Willies a loser because the leafs dont win...

Tkachuk was a loser had a crap final but he's a winner now so he gets the narrative. Pretty easy to be a sports writer.

Reactions: Jojalu and ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
of course he did but in a legacy defining moment you cant go 0-0 30% on the FO dot and get 2 shots on goal. That can't happen.

He'll be back one day and the next time he'll likely have a cup but he didn't drape himself in glory in game 7 like i thought he would i was pretty disappointed. that's what happens when you go down 3-0 and have to expend that much energy to push a game 7.
Agreed I expected him to dominate last night but I think the Panthers knew life would be hell if they blew a 3-0 lead and lost in 7. They were not losing last night.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I think it's absolutely fair to ask whether the best player in the world was effective enough in the biggest game of his career. For better or worse, that's what comes with being the best - you don't become Jordan or Bryant without performing in the biggest moments.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

Losers Lose

Didn't Wayne and Sid lost their first Cup Finals.

Lets continue to trash McD bc he didn't win the Cup.

Last edited:
Reactions: HolyCrap

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I think it's absolutely fair to ask whether the best player in the world was effective enough in the biggest game of his career. For better or worse, that's what comes with being the best - you don't become Jordan or Bryant without performing in the biggest moments.
I think thats fair and McD did whimp on a very good chance late in the game.

I would not call McD choked in the Finals as he did led the playoffs in scoring, won the Conn Symthe and only lost the Finals by a goal. I think we just expect Superman stuff from McD esp after Game 5. He just couldn't deliver an epic comeback and an epic win.

Really can't wait to see how he leads his team next year, as it seemed like his team been coming back stronger the following season and move to the next step. Their next step is winning the Cup.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I think thats fair and McD did whimp on a very good chance late in the game.

I would not call McD choked in the Finals as he did led the playoffs in scoring, won the Conn Symthe and only lost the Finals by a goal. I think we just expect Superman stuff from McD esp after Game 5. He just couldn't deliver an epic comeback and an epic win.

Really can't wait to see how he leads his team next year, as it seemed like his team been coming back stronger the following season and move to the next step. Their next step is winning the Cup.
I won't be surprised if he has a pretty ordinary regular season in terms of numbers. Hard to imagine he could possibly care much about regular season numbers at this point.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
0 cups, sorry your team lost.
My team lost to boston in game 7

Your team lost in the reg season when dubas led pens couldn't make it back to the playoffs

If im a fake leafs fan, then your not any better lol

Always cheering for moves that make the team worse, failing to hold the core accountable, defending bad decisions and suggesting bad luck is reason for our failures

The oilers arent replicable for the leafs. We dont have the 3rd best player ever

Our core cant show up in 1st round, we need to solve how we can be a perennial 2nd round team before trying to move up to the oilers level.

Your pens need to look how they can make it back to the playoffs

Reactions: Jmo89 and HolyCrap

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
You also dont become Bryant or Lebron or a Sidney Crosby without a Ron Artest/Pau Gasol or Ray Allen/Kyrie Irving or Maxime Talbot/MAF to bail you out when you choke in the pivotal game/moments like Kobe in 2010 game 7, lebron game 6 vs spurs pre Ray Allen 3, and Crosby all of 2009 finals vs DRW

Mcdavid didnt get the supporting player bailout in game 7. Main difference from him and a kobe or crosby

Reactions: ruaware41
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad