Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
If the Oilers win on Friday. Game 7 isn't until Monday the 24th. And the draft is on the 27th and 28th and obviously unrestricted free agency starts July 1st. So my question is. How the hell is the winner of this series going to be able to do a parade? I honestly don't think that they're going to have time to do it? And if they do one. There is a very real possibility that one of the players on the team could be under contract with somebody else by the time they do one. LOL

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
If the Oilers win on Friday. Game 7 isn't until Monday the 24th. And the draft is on the 27th and 28th and obviously unrestricted free agency starts July 1st. So my question is. How the hell is the winner of this series going to be able to do a parade? I honestly don't think that they're going to have time to do it? And if they do one. There is a very real possibility that one of the players on the team could be under contract with somebody else by the time they do one. LOL
Sucks to be them 😂
Maybe they should have tried harder and won in 4/5 games!! Slackers!!

• Haha
Reactions: Burnie97 and mikeyz

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Oilers have been the better team in 4/5 this series. If not for great performances from Bobrovsky in game 1 and 3 this could already be over.

Still, they have to do the improbable act of completing the reverse sweep, but it does seem there's actually a decent chance at it.

Reactions: fahad203

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I said if Florida loses game 5 after that Tkachuk guarantee there was no coming back from it. Edmonton is winning game 6 big time and will roll in game 7 it’s over for the Panthers

Edmonton has just flat out been the better team. Bobrovsky was super human in game 1. Edmonton though has figured out how to play Florida has the series has gone on

Reactions: Nineteen67

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I said if Florida loses game 5 after that Tkachuk guarantee there was no coming back from it. Edmonton is winning game 6 big time and will roll in game 7 it’s over for the Panthers

Edmonton has just flat out been the better team. Bobrovsky was super human in game 1. Edmonton though has figured out how to play Florida has the series has gone on
I agree.

I thought Edm was the better team in Games 1 and 3.

Florida was great in game 2, but the only reason they are in this still is Bob.

Odds are they still win but now I want to see an epic collapse

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I agree.

I thought Edm was the better team in Games 1 and 3.

Florida was great in game 2, but the only reason they are in this still is Bob.

Odds are they still win but now I want to see an epic collapse
Florida needed that third period to know they can play with them, but it may not be enough. They weren’t great in the first three games yet all the analyst were talking about how the series was over.
Maybe that third will shift the momentum back in their favour, but I’ll be more surprised if Florida wins the Cup than if Edmonton does.

Oilers have been the better team in 4/5 this series. If not for great performances from Bobrovsky in game 1 and 3 this could already be over.

Still, they have to do the improbable act of completing the reverse sweep, but it does seem there's actually a decent chance at it.
Barring injuries 60-40 Edmonton wins. Game 7 will be 90-10.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jojalu

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Connor Brown's knees look 100% and he is playing like a beast. Good to see.
He’s one of those heart and soulers that once they’re on a good team you know they’re going to contribute at some point.
Had he been on Tampa or Boston instead of the Leafs he would have been in greater demand as free agent.

Reactions: ToneDog

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
Seems the modern day philosopher coach, Paul Maurice, has stopped philosophizing. I don't want the Oilers to win, but if the Panthers blow a 3-0 lead that would be absolutely hilarious. The only reason why the Panthers are in the finals (this year and last) is because they have a blank check from Bettman to do whatever they want. Leaf players have been suspended for much less than Florida has been allowed to get away with.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
5 on 5, Panthers have been the better team in 3/5 games. Not sure how people are saying Oilers were better in game 3 when the Panthers had better quality chances.

Special teams have played a big factor, though. Panthers just need to not give up a damn SH goal next game and they'll have a good chance. For the Oilers, McDavid needs to continue his magic on the PP because Draisaitl hasn't really been effective this series

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
If Florida somehow loses this, it'll be a collapse for the ages. I'm torn. Part of me wants to see them suffer, and the other part doesn't want to see Edmonton lift the cup.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad