Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Seems clear to me that the Oil have cloned McDavid, placed a Janmark mask on the clone and have said clone playing this game. Greasy move.

Reactions: ruaware41

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
I don’t care how good Skinner is I’d hate having him as a starting goalie on my favourite team. He has to be the worst at handling the puck behind the net among NHL goalies right now. feels nervous every time he touches the puck.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I don’t care how good Skinner is I’d hate having him as a starting goalie on my favourite team. He has to be the worst at handling the puck behind the net among NHL goalies right now. feels nervous every time he touches the puck.

I know. He is almost as bad as Nurse back there

• Haha

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
I was just reading about that today as well. It be Leafs putting Mitch Marner in the pressbox because they want to win. :wg:

View attachment 886393
Toronto’s Gordie Drillon (left), head coach Hap Day and Bucko McDonald in the dressing room at Maple Leaf Gardens during 1941-42 training camp. Day would bench both veterans with Toronto down 3-0 in the 1942 Stanley Cup Final.

Bitterly disappointed, Smythe ordered his coach to shake up the roster for Game 4.

Day stunned hockey by benching Gordie Drillon, who had led team in scoring during the the regular season, and putting Don Metz on the top line with his brother, Nick, and captain Syl Apps.

Battleship defenseman Bucko McDonald was pulled in favor of rookie Ernie Dickens, who had all of 10 NHL games under his belt, none in the postseason.

The Maple Leafs’ plight -- indeed, their imminent demise -- delighted many.

And then Toronto goalie Walter Turk Broda trotted out the derisive nickname that had been given to Toronto in the late 1800s for its pork- and meat-packing industry, an insult that was “intended to convey an impression that the citizens of Toronto were porcine in their tendencies and had their forefeet in anything worth having,” according to an 1898 Toronto Globe and Mail editorial.

“Hogtown makes its last stand Sunday night!” Walter exclaimed.

Detroit jumped out to a 2-0 first-period lead in Game 4, Olympia Stadium fans expecting a championship sweep. But the new-look Maple Leafs tied it 2-2, surrendered the lead again, then scored twice in the third to win 4-3 and send the series back to Toronto.
hogtown - lmao

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I'm sorry but why the f*** do they let anyone to ask questions on the bench during a game 7 for the cup.

Maybe I'm old school but I'd be like... go away.

Reactions: bax

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Oilers don't look great. Not sure if it's nerves or what but they're playing sloppy, nowhere near where they were leading to game 7.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Fairly even period. Edm had some good o-zone and some good chances, same with FLA... Panthers need to start putting these open chances away though.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Interesting battle. Florida has largely controlled possession, but this is a tough style to maintain for 60+ minutes and puts a lot of pressure on the D and Bob due to the risk of counter odd man rushes. Feels like Florida needs to be perfect whereas Edmonton just needs a couple of breaks. Oilers have also done a good job of taking away the slot and prime scoring chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad