Around the league part 2

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Panthers have to win game 5. Much like the Kings in 2014, you don't want to go back on the road for game 6 and potentially force a game 7. Just end it. Although that's not the kind of result you want to have, that's the kind of result a team can really on.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
McDavid passing Gretzky surely gives Oilers fans the ammo they need to whine if he isn’t given the Conn Smythe in a losing effort.

dabeechman

Sep 12, 2006
Bob lost his trophy to McDavid tonight. What a shame, he was on track for the best playoff performance by a goalie in history.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Thats a shame, I would have loved a sweep. Drai, Nurse, Kane and co are just plain hateable, especially after pasting us for the last few years.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Nice. What I remember is that Bob and Jim were there but not doing the broadcast.. am i right?
The local broadcast can't cover the team once they get past a certain round IIRC. They definitely weren't allowed to broadcast the series.

Kings had Bob record himself doing play by play so fans could listen to his call later.

I bought my ticket for $700 before the series started. When it turned out to be an elimination game the broker tried to buy it back for over $1000.

Sat next to a cute blonde girl who flew in from jersey just for the game. Even though she was hot I wanted to punch her when the Devils won the game. So annoying watching an opposing teams fan celebrate in your building on a night like that.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Speaking of Bob and Jim calling the cup wins, Jim absolutely ruined the 2014 call.
I've been sick of Fox's calls for years now, dude just needs to retire already.

Panthers losing 8-1 is a bad look, but I'm just hoping Edmonton blew most of their wad in one game. Fully expect the Cats to come back with full force after an embarrassing loss like that.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Im having a hard time predicting any outcomes right now. If McDavid plays as a man possessed again then I can see them winning this series. Such an unbelievably great player. I haven't seen a guy like him who can do so much by himself.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Im having a hard time predicting any outcomes right now. If McDavid plays as a man possessed again then I can see them winning this series. Such an unbelievably great player. I haven't seen a guy like him who can do so much by himself.
Right but I think a lot of people kind of forget how often the team gets scored on while he’s on the ice.

Reactions: GameNight

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Random but reading the Utah board is so heartbreaking. You see so many lifelong Coyotes fans in there. I can’t even imagine what that’d feel like. I don’t think I could root for the team after that. I’d probably switch teams or something.

Especially if AEG shipped the team off then was like "yeah but we're restarting the Kings soon, stay tune"

I couldn't write f*** off in big enough letters

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Seen on twitter. Not sure if it’s real.
IMG_0410.jpeg

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
looks like the eyes match that leak from the other day so it might be real

orange lids are pretty aggressive but that seems to be the trend