Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - 2023-24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
I've hardly watched anything in the playoffs, but I'm tuned in to game 6. Edmonton gonna do this thing?

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Reinhart with a really solid in close chance there

McLeod!!!! Hello Game 7!!!
I'm here for the storyline!

Ahhh also, I'm a little happy all those people saying things like "the Oilers only made it because they had an easy path to the Cup" can't really say that anymore. Like I've said in the past, if a team wins the Cup, it's because they were good enough to win the Cup when they needed to be.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Glad I didn't miss much there. Florida is done. They went from owning the Oilers to running with their tails between their legs at the first sign of adversity. I mean, the Oilers are good. But those bacteria filled arsewipes in orange were being shut down by the Panthers until Florida had one bad game and got completely lost. They are collapsing all on their own.

They are stealing Minnesota's storyline for when we finally make the Finals in 2053. This was going to be OUR choke job, damnit!!!! This is worse than Gary Anderson missing the 3 points. How can one bad game rattle you so much that you drop your entire identity?!

• Haha
Reactions: Sweetnut

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Glad I didn't miss much there. Florida is done. They went from owning the Oilers to running with their tails between their legs at the first sign of adversity. I mean, the Oilers are good. But those bacteria filled arsewipes in orange were being shut down by the Panthers until Florida had one bad game and got completely lost. They are collapsing all on their own.

They are stealing Minnesota's storyline for when we finally make the Finals in 2053. This was going to be OUR choke job, damnit!!!! This is worse than Gary Anderson missing the 3 points. How can one bad game rattle you so much that you drop your entire identity?!

That's another bottle down the hatch!

• Haha
Reactions: NHL1674

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Told ya guys the Cats were cooked. Honestly, not really interested in hockey this season. Oilers win, fine. They'll just be as insufferable as ever.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Does anyone think Minnesota should look at trading for McGroarty? He's the type of player Minnesota is looking for. Maybe trade Khusnutdinov or Ohgren + 2nd

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Does anyone think Minnesota should look at trading for McGroarty? He's the type of player Minnesota is looking for. Maybe trade Khusnutdinov or Ohgren + 2nd
Jets are probably looking for a player they can plug into the lineup immediately. They had a very nice regular season, and are ready to compete now. Both os those trades are relatively fair, to me, but not too enticing for WPG. I also am not sure that i'd rather have McGroarty than Ohgren, or even Marat. I simply don't know what those guys are, yet.

Would probably rather have a Kleber/Elick/Skahan/O'Rielly + Ohgren/Marat than McGroarty.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Jets are probably looking for a player they can plug into the lineup immediately. They had a very nice regular season, and are ready to compete now. Both os those trades are relatively fair, to me, but not too enticing for WPG. I also am not sure that i'd rather have McGroarty than Ohgren, or even Marat. I simply don't know what those guys are, yet.

Would probably rather have a Kleber/Elick/Skahan/O'Rielly + Ohgren/Marat than McGroarty.
My reasoning for the trade is that they are looking for a 2c guy and I think Khusnutdinov would fill that or have a Swiss Army type of guy in Ohgren.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I would be disappointed if they didn't at least look into it. I would want them to be able to talk to McGroarty's camp before offering anything of fair value, though. Gotta make sure he'll sign and be happy here.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Not surprised by that, he was horribad. Not even the nr 1 tank team wants him.
What's next in his career, the minor leagues in Europe or can he get a AHL contract?
Kinda feel bad for him, he was living in Campbell which is insanely expensive, probably already blew through most of his ELC money just on living expenses and unlikely to get this same level of income ever again in hockey.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Kinda feel bad for him, he was living in Campbell which is insanely expensive, probably already blew through most of his ELC money just on living expenses and unlikely to get this same level of income ever again in hockey.

I mean the average rent in Campbell is just under 3k, which is 5% of his gross monthly income. Rule of thumb is to spend 30% or less. He's fine.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I don't know if it was that he couldn't become a decent defensive player, or wouldn't become one, but regardless of why, I wish him all the best in Europe. I think he'll have a really great career there, and probably a life many of us would envy. I hope he moves on and just does his best without worrying about what-ifs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad