Around the league part 2

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I dont like it at all. To me a 5 on 3 is way better than a double minor. The way Id have it is the PP team gets to decide what they want and if 5 on 3, the other team has to put another player in the box to serve.

There are situations where that happens, I just don't remember them....it's very rare....

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This team can't win 5 on 5.

View attachment 876176

I want to lay into them for a lot of obvious reasons but I KNOW i was incensed every time we played dallas with some borderline calls but more importantly just insanely obvious diving by 'tough' players like Benn and Marchment.

that being said, they don't self destruct and take selfish penalties like retaliation or lazy/reckless penalties like Kev and Kempe do so Edmonton has their work cut out for them

I wish both teams could lose frankly, I odn't mind edmonton I just don't want them to go all the way or it gives this front office more fodder but god damn dallas has so many unlikable players and their fans on these boards have had some of the weirdest hateful takes about Kings players over the years that even though I love the GMing and coaching work i just hope they collapse in the worst way too lol

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Im all for anybody that beats the oilers. Kane and drysaital and the diety are a buch of cheap shots and that stupid band the have at home games generates an unnatural hatred in me

Reactions: shuchukfan

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Trouba get a pen, and the subsequent 6 on 5 before NY got possession, the took another penalty... shouldnt that be a 5 on 3? He got 4 minutes.. if it was a different player it be a 5 on 3.
then an "innocent" player would have to serve it for Trouba (this is slightly different than a bench minor which an "innocent" would serve).

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Oilers win yet Sportsnet and fanbase still non stop bitching about reffing. Makes it hard to route for em.
and now that they have lost....

Every year same thing death, taxes and Oilers getting no calls in the playoffs. Maybe stop relying on the PP when you know physicality ramps up in the playoffs. Not everything is a penalty.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
More accurate to say the Oilers are not anything special at 5 on 5. They'll win some and lose some. So far 32 GF, 30 GA at 5 on 5.
No exactly a fair assessment

When you score as much as the were on the PP, it changes the dynamic of the game. You become the chased because you likely have the lead. Oilers have been beating the Canucks and Stars in recent games without scoring much on the PP for example.

Also, it's a relatively small sample size against good teams.

And they had some goaltending issues.

They were arguably the best 5v5 team in league this season.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I had Oettinger in fantasy and all season im freaking out in the first he's given up 2 goals (this happened like 30 times).. in the end he gets the W and save pct up at .920 like clockwork.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad