Around the league part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Now he's -14.

Puck bounces off him into the net.

When it's going bad, it's going real bad.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
3 man forecheck is completely unwinding the oilers weak defense. Who wudda thunk?

On a side note, the Stars have got to be the the lock for the cup. They have talent and steadiness all through the line up and they’re moving well

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
14 min left in 3rd.. im calling 4-4 by end or reg.. Edit: not going to buy lotto tickets any time soon

EDM was 50% on the PP against Vancouver through the first 4 games. (5 for 10)

But the last 3 games they went 1 for 10.
Tochet and his assts >> Koala left overs

Last edited:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Gutsy win by the Oilers, no way do they win that game in years past, they lose, go down 3-1 and lose in 5.

This cancels out game 2, what a great series.

And no disrespect to any of the great ones in the last three decades, but McDavid to me is very clearly the most dominant player since Lemieux in the 90's. Generating scoring chances is not supposed to be this easy in hockey.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Gutsy win by the Oilers, no way do they win that game in years past, they lose, go down 3-1 and lose in 5.

This cancels out game 2, what a great series.

And no disrespect to any of the great ones in the last three decades, but McDavid to me is very clearly the most dominant player since Lemieux in the 90's. Generating scoring chances is not supposed to be this easy in hockey.

Jagr? Crosby? I would put those two ahead of him, unless you are talking about just pure pure offense

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
ADJUSTEDPPG.jpg

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
man the worst thing for the Kings would be an Edmonton Cup

not because i hate them, but becasue BLuc will use that as validation

see we were right there, just an unlucky matchup
They will do that regardless of how far Edmonton goes, just like the past two seasons when Kings-Oilers was “the real Western Conference Final” despite the latter winning 0 actual WCF games.

That being said, an Edmonton Cup would indeed be terrible.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
For shtts and giggles, submitted my Utah NHL names in a poll....didn't make any to be voted on...but had to drop some of these, camoflauged with some more real sounding names...otherwise, would be outright rejected. It kind of worked, as it was not reported or deleted. Better yet, I got the most ♥️ I've ever received...but, not sure what name moved them the most.

Utah Wind
Utah Icing
Utah Mouth Breathers
Utah Breeders
Utah Craze

I'm hoping for a late push, to make any other poll. Or at least, get it out there.
I asked someone that was making mockups of some of the names. if they would
make some for these. LOL. I want to see Mouth Breathers and Breeders the most, of course.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Nurse on the ice for another goal against.

He's -13. No one else on the team is in negative double digits.

Do you or anyone know his strength of competition and D-zone starts compared to his teammates? I don't trust +/- alone

Jagr? Crosby? I would put those two ahead of him, unless you are talking about just pure pure offense
Jagr maybe I would put ahead but hard to be certain as we lost a lot of his NHL years.
I think prime McDavid > prime Crosby. Really though it's first world problems.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON

Such a great series versus the Russians. Very very fortunate as a 9 year old to be able to go to Game 3. My brother was able to score tickets through a connection. Lucky guy was also at game 2 which was the double OT game.

We sat in the upper level about halfway up in those ugly yellow, red and orange seats. :laugh:

Amazing those games were in my hometown (about 15 minute drive from my house) and memories that will last a life time. I remember the building being warm and the place was absolutely jumping. Just end to end scoring chances, the talent on both teams was incredible. Was a treat to watch the Russians, they had some silky smooth guys who could distribute the puck.

Reactions: Schrute farms
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad