Around the League - OFFSEASON?!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
We have temporarily stickied a Johnny Gaudreau thread for further discussions.

Just too sad ... so many ruined families

RIP Johnny Gaudreau - Stickied for now

Such a senseless loss. Can't imagine what the parents/family are dealing with. Cruel.
forums.hfboards.com
forums.hfboards.com

Last edited by a moderator:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Hmm, his agent just released a memo that he has a severe injury and is scheduled for surgery. Philly obviously thinks that is BS - he did play freely for Colorado before the trade and apparently Philly doctors cleared him.

So I think you're right - it's gonna get spicy.
He was on the ice for a morning skate the day he got traded. Flyers immediately sent him down to the AHL, because him and Torts don't mesh. After he cleared waivers, RyJo informed the Flyers that he can't report to the AHL because he has a hip injury. That's the short version of this.

Reactions: Kurtz

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Hmm, his agent just released a memo that he has a severe injury and is scheduled for surgery. Philly obviously thinks that is BS - he did play freely for Colorado before the trade and apparently Philly doctors cleared him.

Philly's doctors didn't clear him last year.

He informed the Flyers after the trade that he was dealing with a hip injury, which was subsequently confirmed by the team’s medical staff, (As posted above.) Also as per above... RyJo's statement was that he wouldn't be able to play hockey (again).

He's done.

1724187212801.png

“The Philadelphia Flyers’ actions raise significant concerns. We are currently reviewing the matter," the NHLPA said in a statement.

Last edited:

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021

Yeah presumably something happened recently related to all this injury stuff that triggered termination.

Maybe we just give him the standard $1.5Mx2 contract and have him wait with Hakanpaa while we figure it all out.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Day 2 Continued

Montreal,

I'm laughing at you.

1000008371.jpg

It's too bad this trade didn't occur before this poll. Habs fans would petition Laine to be in the top 5.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Philly doctors agreed at the time he was hurt.

At the time, yes, but at present their doctors probably had to have cleared him otherwise they wouldn't attempt to terminate the contract of an injured player.

Maybe he pulled a Lupul.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
At the time, yes, but at present their doctors probably had to have cleared him otherwise they wouldn't attempt to terminate the contract of an injured player.

Maybe he pulled a Lupul.
Didn't Philly rush Ellis back and he re aggravated his previous injury and hasn't played since and possibly can't play again? Idk if I'd trust what those doctors say either if I was worried I could end my career being rushed back because team doctors said he's lying

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Didn't Philly rush Ellis back and he re aggravated his previous injury and hasn't played since and possibly can't play again? Idk if I'd trust what those doctors say either if I was worried I could end my career being rushed back because team doctors said he's lying

I'm not sure. He tore a back muscle, so it was a new injury...but it could have been a result of his body compensating for an existing ailment.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Maybe he pulled a Lupul.
No idea.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Didn't see much coverage here. Dhaliwal reporting, and a few publications have stories out now

Demko is reportedly still recovering from injury. Mixed rumours on whether he will be ready for camp.
Silovs looked good in the post-season, but Canucks may be looking for a veteran backup at minimum to support.

Who is available? The Canucks just picked up Ottawa's 4th round pick for Podkolzin, so that could be in play.

Kinda worried this is our future with Woll. Hope he is able to find his health for us

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Philly's doctors didn't clear him last year.

He informed the Flyers after the trade that he was dealing with a hip injury, which was subsequently confirmed by the team’s medical staff, (As posted above.) Also as per above... RyJo's statement was that he wouldn't be able to play hockey (again).

He's done.

View attachment 902206

“The Philadelphia Flyers’ actions raise significant concerns. We are currently reviewing the matter," the NHLPA said in a statement.

Looks like Keith Jones and Daniel Briere took good notes from Booby Clarke's school of management with significant input from Dr. Mark Recchi.

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Kinda worried this is our future with Woll. Hope he is able to find his health for us
This year will tell us a lot about Woll. If theres more injuries from very basic plays, we should be looking to move on.

Demko isnt even 30 yet and has had so many injuries. I dont really see him being around in 4 years or so. If he is, I'll be really surprised. Goalies dont really bounce back from injuries like players can.

Reactions: HockeyVirus

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Apparently Laine was vetoed out by Columbus veterans.

Add to that he wanted out ... don't think the players have GM responsibilities.

Reading the article the players in the meeting were mostly dealt away .

Of those four players, just one remains with the team now in star blue liner Zach Werenski, but it just goes to show that plenty of Laine's teammates were unhappy with him, dating back several years.
«The organization got wind of this meeting and said, ‘You know what? Let's get rid of the players who said that.' It's still troubling. The message it sends is to definitely not express your opinion and be honest.»

Aaron Portzline

Last edited:
Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Add to that he wanted out ... don't think the players have GM responsibilities.

Reading the article the players in the meeting were mostly dealt away .

Day 3

Montreal,

I'm laughing at you.

This article closed on HF (and buried). Now he's fine. Being a Montreal Canadien cured him.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Reactions: Ianturnedbull

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
Laine and PLD are two players that have so much more to give. What a waste if they can't find their game soon.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Leafs trade Marner, Liljegren, Robertson, Stolarz, Minten, 1st (2026)
Winnipeg trades Hellebuyck, Pionk, Perfetti

Leafs trade Tavares, 1st(2027)
Calgary trades Kadri

Perfetti(3.5)/Matthews(13.5)/Cowan(1)
Knies(1)/Kadri(7)/Nylander(11.5)
Holmberg(1)/Domi(3.75)/Jarnkrok(2)
McMann(1)/Kampf(2.5)/Dewar(1)
*Reaves(1.35)

Reilly(7.5)/Pionk(6)
McCabe(2)/Tanev(4.5)
OEL(3.5)/Benoit(1)
*Hakanpaa(1.5)

Hellebuyck (8.5)
Woll (1)

Total=85.6

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Leafs trade Marner, Liljegren, Robertson, Stolarz, Minten, 1st (2026)
Winnipeg trades Hellebuyck, Pionk, Perfetti

Leafs trade Tavares, 1st(2027)
Calgary trades Kadri

Perfetti(3.5)/Matthews(13.5)/Cowan(1)
Knies(1)/Kadri(7)/Nylander(11.5)
Holmberg(1)/Domi(3.75)/Jarnkrok(2)
McMann(1)/Kampf(2.5)/Dewar(1)
*Reaves(1.35)

Reilly(7.5)/Pionk(6)
McCabe(2)/Tanev(4.5)
OEL(3.5)/Benoit(1)
*Hakanpaa(1.5)

Hellebuyck (8.5)
Woll (1)

Total=85.6

You put the 1st. on the wrong side.

Leafs get the 1st. for taking on the long term Kadri deal.

Reactions: uncleben

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad