Around the League: News/Notes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I love that it rules to suck. Best thing about American sports.

It's pretty strange as an european.

Sucking for us basically means being relegated into a lower league, with less financial fortune and therefore losing most of your important/good players and having to start over while not having that much money available for it.

But hey, to each and their own, right?

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
It's pretty strange as an european.

Sucking for us basically means being relegated into a lower league, with less financial fortune and therefore losing most of your important/good players and having to start over while not having that much money available for it.

But hey, to each and their own, right?
Oh, but I know. I’ve followed Newcastle United for 20+ years. That pain sucks, this pain allows us to be positive.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
LA’s gotta start winning if they don’t want Vegas to pass em. Not good going into the last 9 games. I’m betting Vegas makes it because LA fails to keep their spot.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Was it you that said Brady Tkachuk has the most punchable face?
Nah, wasn't me, but I wouldn't disagree. Both those Tkachuk boys are rat irritants. Love 'em on your team, hate 'em on the opposition. Lauzon's really trying to fit in in Nashville where they seem to love to scrap. I think this is going to look like a mistake in a few years.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
The Devils are doing everything they can for that bottom finish.

They just ruled out two more guys for the rest of the season and are probably looking more like their AHL affiliate like they NHL club for those final games....:laugh:

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
The Devils are doing everything they can for that bottom finish.

They just ruled out two more guys for the rest of the season and are probably looking more like their AHL affiliate like they NHL club for those final games....:laugh:
Yeah. I am guessing Coyotes and Devils finish 1-2 in some order. We are likely to move down to top-4 to top-6 somewhere since we keep trying to win.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Well, the Sens(in Boston) and the Blackhawks(first one after eight straight losses) won last night.

Here are the current craptastic race to the bottom standings, just before our double header against the Devils and Sens.
I'll exclude Buffalo since they're actually playing pretty well and way out of reach.

Ottawa ---> 62 points ---> 74 games played
Chicago ---> 61 points ---> 74 games played
New Jersey ---> 58 points ---> 74 games played
Philladelphia ---> 57 points ---> 74 games played
Seattle ----> 52 points ---> 73 games played
Montreal ---> 51 points ---> 74 games played
Arizona ---> 49 points ---> 74 games played

So thanks to that postponed game against the Jets we actually have a game in hand it should be interesting watching that one while everyone else has already finished their season.

To me it looks like Arizona's in a good spot to secure that top 3 pick given that their run of results seems to be over and they've looked quite bad as of late.

Montreal's run at the start of St. Louis tenure seems to have worn off as well, while Philly has the worst record over the last ten games(2-8-0) of all the teams in that craptastic race tot he bottom.

Chicago's a strange one but there are nine points between them and us, while Ottawa's actually been good during their last ten and has a positive record(5-4-1) during that time.

Overall it seems more like a five team race at the bottom, unless Chicago ends their season with about three or four points during their final eight games.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I'd be shocked if Arizona won a single game to finish out the season.

The rest I can see winning some games (against each other)
Yeah. Was thinking the same. 9 games left and 3 are against teams with losing records in Devils, Sens and Sharks. We have played much better since the TDL so I am not confident we lose games that we are supposed to. But same can be said for the Habs. The Devils and Flyers are the biggest fallers in my opinion and could easily pass both us and the Habs in the standings.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I'd be shocked if Arizona won a single game to finish out the season.

The rest I can see winning some games (against each other)

Count me in on that for the Flyers as well.
They're basically done and waiving the white flag before games start.

Looking at the standings and schedules I think we'll overtake Philly and then it's up to Chicago and New Jersey.
If they get three or more points we'll probably not overtake them anymore given that we're trailing both by five points and I don't think we'll go better than .500(3-3-1) during our final seven games.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Count me in on that for the Flyers as well.
They're basically done and waiving the white flag before games start.

Looking at the standings and schedules I think we'll overtake Philly and then it's up to Chicago and New Jersey.
If they get three or more points we'll probably not overtake them anymore given that we're trailing both by five points and I don't think we'll go better than .500(3-3-1) during our final seven games.
I think we end up 4th overall (before the lottery). We are pretty much playing playoff/bubble teams outside of the Sharks and Jets. Philly is 99.9% going to pass us and I just feel its pretty much not even hiding that its tanking anymore.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I think we end up 4th overall (before the lottery). We are pretty much playing playoff/bubble teams outside of the Sharks and Jets. Philly is 99.9% going to pass us and I just feel its pretty much not even hiding that its tanking anymore.

Its only a two % difference between 3rd best and 4th best in terms of odds. it doesnt really matter if we finish with 3rd or 4th best odds. Between 4th and 2nd best odds is like 4%

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Only in relation to 1OA, but it matters loads for 2-5.

Yep.
Will be interesting to see how the team does during those final six games of the season but I wouldn't be surprised if they played above .500 hockey and somehow ended up at 5th or 6th worst.

Though, I think we'll get a good player, just depends on Francis and the scouts to find the right guy at whichever spot we'll pick.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Yep.
Will be interesting to see how the team does during those final six games of the season but I wouldn't be surprised if they played above .500 hockey and somehow ended up at 5th or 6th worst.

Though, I think we'll get a good player, just depends on Francis and the scouts to find the right guy at whichever spot we'll pick.
Yeah. 5th or 6th is how it is looking like right now as far as the standings go. Hard to say what happens in the lottery and we could be picking 7th or 8th. But honestly, this draft is even harder to predict than the last one. Rankings have players like Jiricek, Savoie, Nazar, etc. anywhere from the top-5 to the the 6-10 range. We are guaranteed to NOT land Wright, Cooley and Nemec outside the top-5 but other than that all bets are off.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad