Around The League II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Very exciting game between the Wild and the Flames. Great chances at both ends.

Its probably been 8 years or more since I have seen an Oiler game that offered this much.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Very exciting game between the Wild and the Flames. Great chances at both ends.

Its probably been 8 years or more since I have seen an Oiler game that offered this much.

I tend to see one team getting hemmed in all the damn time whenever I watch the Oilers play ;)

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I tend to see one team getting hemmed in all the damn time whenever I watch the Oilers play ;)

One day in our lifetime...if the planets align and the team is able to get lucky enough to counteract all the incompetence...we will see an exciting meaningful hockey game again. :D

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
One day in our lifetime...if the planets align and the team is able to get lucky enough to counteract all the incompetence...we will see an exciting meaningful hockey game again. :D

Seriously every time I turn to the Flames game they're in their own end usually for a minute or two at a time. Ramo has been unbelievable.

Of course as I type this the Wild score.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Seriously every time I turn to the Flames game they're in their own end usually for a minute or two at a time. Ramo has been unbelievable.

Yeah...I have only been watching bits and pieces so I really dont have a sense of how the game (on the whole) is going.

I do like the Wild though...dangerous team.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Yep. Flames have been complete garbage in this game. As per usual they get the breaks anyway with the game even being close for awhile and Ramo standing on his head. Minny with something like 25 scoring chances in this game. Just incredible. Flames get a late goal off a Wild D's ass.

Really all I see the Flames do lately is trying to score goals off the point and pray and hope. lol that they got 2 goals like that in last game from Engellend who hadn't scroed since he was 10...:p:

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yep. Flames have been complete garbage in this game. As per usual they get the breaks anyway with the game even being close for awhile and Ramo standing on his head. Minny with something like 25 scoring chances in this game. Just incredible. Flames get a late goal off a Wild D's ass.

Really all I see the Flames do lately is trying to score goals off the point and pray and hope. lol that they got 2 goals like that in last game from Engellend who hadn't scroed since he was 10...:p:

On the flipside of things, the Wild looked really good. The game shouldn't have been that close. As I said, when teams get into playoff mode, the Flames just don't stand up.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
lloydchristmas.jpg

I am trying to be a grown up and convince myself that the chance is slim at best. On the other hand, **** yeah there is a chance. Two out of Ott, Bos and need to streak and Pit needs to play like crap... Let's talk again on Wednesday when all of the teams involved have played 2-3 more games.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Islanders turning ****** to close out the year is not good news for that Pens 1st rounder either... Pens pass them in the standings and probably won't look back.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Islanders turning ****** to close out the year is not good news for that Pens 1st rounder either... Pens pass them in the standings and probably won't look back.

AS mentioned I could never figure the Islanders success anyway. To me the Islanders and Jets are the same thing. Teams willing to play hard in regular season but that will be drubbed in playoffs like pretenders as soon as opponents put their game faces on.

Not at all surprised the Rangers have left the Islanders in the dust. Pens are just coasting in and resting up. Pens are good this year and playing the all round game they rarely have.

edit; wow, Islanders lose yet again today and one of the worst records in the league lately. if they hadn't had so much of a cushion they would be fighting for their lives like Boston has to right now. Big W for Bruins. Didn't see that one coming but Rangers are already made.

Last edited:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Kris Letang took a nasty spill today. Looked completely out of it and is expected to spend the night in hospital. Dude seems to get a serious injury every year. Makes you wonder how long he has left as an NHL player if this kind of thing keeps happening.

This is why you don't trade Jordan Eberle for him.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
guess what? Toronto sucks. I don't think we have a chance of staying behind them in the standings

Ottawa is killing them. Phaneuf is awful. Let him go to Dallas please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad