Around the League: Hockey Is In the Air...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Montreal helping Winnipeg get closer to the Cup by taking Mason and cap space off their books. All those trades by Bergevin and they still don't have a centre, pathetic.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Apparently Derek Ryan is one of our targets if Tavares doesn’t sign with us.

Which is good news.

We also apparently haven’t made an offer to Ryan yet.

Which is also good news (means we haven’t been told we are out of the running yet)

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Apparently Derek Ryan is one of our targets if Tavares doesn’t sign with us.

Which is good news.

We also apparently haven’t made an offer to Ryan yet.

Which is also good news (means we haven’t been told we are out of the running yet)

Lol Derek Ryan.

I really hope we land Tavares. That would be a huge disappointment if all we get out of FA is Derek f***ing Ryan.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
When JVR, Bozie, and Uncle Leo inevitably sign with other teams, think they all get video tributes first game back at the ACC?

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
How good is Carter Hutton? What's a fair contract?

He had a really good year last year for St. Louis, but tough to know how good he will be as a starting goaltender. And I'm sure with a handful of teams desperate for a starting goalie, they have to project what he would be over 50 games.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The JVR to Philly signing feels kind of sad. We royally ripped off the Flyers on that Schenn for JVR deal but they seem to have made up for their mistake. But then again, investing that much on a 29 year old LW seems kind of a waste of time and money. Imagine what they'll have to pay the better Wayne Simmonds next year.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I'm just happy we got JT, AND none of the impending UFA's got resigned to bad contracts. A new era is upon the Leaf Nation.
Out: Jvr Bozak komarov Polak Plekanec combined cap hit 17.5m
In: JT 11m... so 6.5 for a 7th defenseman and a pair of bottom 6 forwards. I’d say we’re way ahead today than we were beforehand

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
de Haan has opened a bar in Carp, Ottawa. Maybe he goes to Ottawa or Montreal... both teams are a bit of a mess currently though. Wonder if he wants to be close to his investment.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Well Buffalo is guaranteed to say a couple years away from being a serious threat anyways. For as much flak as Bozak and JVR got they were helpful in the Big Three's rookie year and getting us into the playoffs in 2016. Buffalo trading ROR for futures is subtracts the similar depth that we had. Buffalo is also still missing a goalie though, but I guess they could try to turn the Blues future 1st into one.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011

That doesn't look very good for the Sabres...

Said this on the main board, but awful quantity->quality deal for the Sabres.

I'd rank Thompson closer to a Colborne caliber prospect, and surely below Bokk, Thomas, and probably Kyrou as well.

Thomas + 1st should have been the framework, at minimum.

Hell, I'm probably in the minority here but I would have been fine with Liljegren+ as a base if JT didn't come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad