Around the League: Capitals and Ovie are Stanley Cup Champions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Wilson suspended 3 games for hit to the head to a Pens player
really wish the title of the thread could be updated, but somehow the thread i started i can no longer do that.

Reactions: Trawna Phan

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
And that may have been the “most hockiest” hit to the head he had. ... I guess it sort of like OJ’s conviction, at least he’s out.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
So thats what speed, depth, offense AND defense looks like....

we need to play like tampa
All with their top line playing like absolute dogshit. We made non-stop excuses about our top-line not producing.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
who would've thought that a balanced lineup is winning you games, right?
Yeah especially a coach who keeps his grinders on the 4th line.

Kunitz, Pacquette and Callahan. Now those are some gud pros who need to be glued to superstars!

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
No, but putting your best players together would not have hurt, especially when the team had issues penetrating the neutral zone. Bruins forced us to play chip and chase, which is clearly not our game.

Boston has shutdown the Kucherov/Stamkos/Miller line the last 3 games...Stamkos had an empty net goal tonight...other than that, no points for TB's first line...so it's really not about Hyman being on the top line that's the issue. From watching the last two games, it looks like TB has been watching videos of all our defensive breakdowns in our zone (ie. especially leaving lone guys open for clear shots in front of the net) against the Bruins, and have made the adjustments to completely box them out from the front of the net, keeping them around the edges. We had enough balance scoring to beat the Bruins, but loss due to our really, really poor defense (and Andy in the 3rd period of game 7). It's also quite interesting that TB's 2nd line (Point/Palat/Johnson) has been breaking through the Bruins just like how our 2nd line did with Marner leading the charge.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
It was full panic and turtle mode the moment we got the lead against Boston.

Tampa just makes it look easy.

Tampa was playing for keeps. They played with the intensity we never found and that's why we didn't win. We need to dial in and learn to tap that or we will never win a cup with this teams core. That goes for Nylander Matthews, Marner had what I am talking about. Same with Hyman and oddly Pleks when he had purpose vs Bergeron.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Tampa was playing for keeps. They played with the intensity we never found and that's why we didn't win. We need to dial in and learn to tap that or we will never win a cup with this teams core. That goes for Nylander Matthews, Marner had what I am talking about. Same with Hyman and oddly Pleks when he had purpose vs Bergeron.

Tampa is much more battle tested than our young core...we'll get there.

Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

kindalaidback

숨 참고 LOVE DIVE
Nov 24, 2017
NYC
Yeah especially a coach who keeps his grinders on the 4th line.

Kunitz, Pacquette and Callahan. Now those are some gud pros who need to be glued to superstars!
their fourth line has been good. can't say the same thing about stamkos and kucherov.

edit: in the end, they won the past two games because every line can contribute.

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Not conclusive enough...the puck was already sliding away.

I would say there was a 99.9% chance of scoring on that play and there is no such thing as a 100% chance.

Maybe the puck has to be on his stick or in his control to call a penalty shot.

It doesn’t matter now....Beantown lost and that’s all that matters.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
I would say there was a 99.9% chance of scoring on that play and there is no such thing as a 100% chance.

Maybe the puck has to be on his stick or in his control to call a penalty shot.

It doesn’t matter now....Beantown lost and that’s all that matters.

Player should be in control of the puck when faul is committed for it to be automatic goal.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
It’s looking more and more like midnight is approaching.....
Yeah, but then we all know how SJ can lose series on couple of bad breaks being dominant team otherwise.
ot loss was not a bad break, it was huge mistake of defender, who lost his man and turned wrong way ( his best impression of Jake Gardiner).

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Burke is on this week of 31 Thoughts.

Jeff asked him about saying they would try anything to draft Tavares.

He basically said he jokingly asked Snow if he would trade the pick for 3 firsts, but Burke said from his end he would never give up 3 firsts for Tavares because he wasn't considered that great of a prospect at the time lol...

I guess his trade limit for firsts is firmly at 2.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Burke is on this week of 31 Thoughts.

Jeff asked him about saying they would try anything to draft Tavares.

He basically said he jokingly asked Snow if he would trade the pick for 3 firsts, but Burke said from his end he would never give up 3 firsts for Tavares because he wasn't considered that great of a prospect at the time lol...

I guess his trade limit for firsts is firmly at 2.

Goodness how i hate that man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad