Around the League 45: The Stanley Cup is in God's Waiting Room

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Hook that Bruins downfall directly into my veins!

They were supposed to downfall after losing Thomas. They were supposed to downfall after losing Chara. They were supposed to downfall after losing Bergeron.

At this point, I think it’s safer to assume that Korpisalo will somehow become otherworldly than betting on a Bruins downfall.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Salt Lake City is 49% Mormon with only about half of them actually practicing. They'll sell plenty of beer, don't worry. Actually a pretty good craft brewing and distilling scene out there.
Yeah, I know. Was just being sarcastic.

It’s pretty remarkable how pretty much everywhere has a decent craft brewing and even distilling scene now, even rural areas. I don’t drink much beer or wine anymore and never drink distilled spirits, but I travel a lot through rural areas driving and have seen a bunch pop up over the last 10 or so years.

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC

It’s pretty remarkable how pretty much everywhere has a decent craft brewing and even distilling scene now, even rural areas. I don’t drink much beer or wine anymore and never drink distilled spirits, but I travel a lot through rural areas driving and have seen a bunch pop up over the last 10 or so years.
We have HF26, they have alcohol...

or maybe both

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

1727788019086.png

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Apparently Jimmy Carter deregulated the home brewing industry which led to the dawn of craft brewing....eventually.
yep, though through the 70s it mostly stayed with regional brands. The first two that really took off after that were Sierra Nevada and Boston Brewing (Sam Adams) in the 80s, and in the 90s/early 2000s is when the heavy lifting in terms of innovation and popularizing craft beer nation-wide was done. Before that it was mostly the regional brands like Stroh's, Yuengling, Anchor, and Coors (yes, Coors was regional in that time period) with the national guys like Bud and Miller throwing their weight around.

The pandemic did a ton of damage to the industry but that appears to have affected bottle shops (RIP Sam's) more so than craft breweries which, if they managed to stay afloat, pretty successfully migrated to a tap room model.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
yep, though through the 70s it mostly stayed with regional brands. The first two that really took off after that were Sierra Nevada and Boston Brewing (Sam Adams) in the 80s, and in the 90s/early 2000s is when the heavy lifting in terms of innovation and popularizing craft beer nation-wide was done. Before that it was mostly the regional brands like Stroh's, Yuengling, Anchor, and Coors (yes, Coors was regional in that time period) with the national guys like Bud and Miller throwing their weight around.

The pandemic did a ton of damage to the industry but that appears to have affected bottle shops (RIP Sam's) more so than craft breweries which, if they managed to stay afloat, pretty successfully migrated to a tap room model.

Remembering the plot of Smokey and the Bandit right now...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad