Around the League 44: The Three Thousand Mile Final

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
I know it would be miraculous, but man would I love to see the Cats lose in a reverse sweep.

1718894190785.png

Last edited:

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Markstrom playing behind a defense that struggles to defend will certainly be interesting to follow
Plus they gave up their big defenseman too.

FWIW: folks on here have said goalies don’t get first round picks. Devils were desperate giving up a first (albeit probably late first) plus a quality player.

Reactions: DaveG

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I can’t root for Florida and my general annoyance with Canadian fans isn’t nearly strong enough for me to root against a smaller market like Edm. I don’t really want to hear the arguments over the next 20 years that 97 doesn’t belong in the upper echelon because he never won. He’s not the gm and he’s put up the best playoff in modern history after putting up the best season in modern history last year and hitting 100 assists this year. It’s hard to get good players to go to or stay in Edm.

Gretzky didn’t look better in the finals than what you’re watching. Lemieux didn’t look better in the finals than what you’re watching and I’m a huge Lemieux guy. It’s over as far as I’m concerned, he’s cemented his spot for me. Drai hasn’t helped him at all this series. The only thing remaining is to win, and to maybe score a goal comparable to Mario’s finals goal which is unfair, as that’s the best finals goal in history.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Plus they gave up their big defenseman too.

FWIW: folks on here have said goalies don’t get first round picks. Devils were desperate giving up a first (albeit probably late first) plus a quality player.
Mid-Late first and only because of the 30% retention. As for "quality player"? Meh, he's their number 7, but only because he's big (and he doesn't even use his size to his advantage). It'd be the equiv of us trading Smith/Cogs/TDA.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I can’t root for Florida and my general annoyance with Canadian fans isn’t nearly strong enough for me to root against a smaller market like Edm. I don’t really want to hear the arguments over the next 20 years that 97 doesn’t belong in the upper echelon because he never won. He’s not the gm and he’s put up the best playoff in modern history after putting up the best season in modern history last year and hitting 100 assists this year. It’s hard to get good players to go to or stay in Edm.

Gretzky didn’t look better in the finals than what you’re watching. Lemieux didn’t look better in the finals than what you’re watching and I’m a huge Lemieux guy. It’s over as far as I’m concerned, he’s cemented his spot for me. Drai hasn’t helped him at all this series. The only thing remaining is to win, and to maybe score a goal comparable to Mario’s finals goal which is unfair, as that’s the best finals goal in history.
Sorry, I can’t root for Edmonton.

I’ve despised that franchise since the very early 80’s (Sather, what an arse he was) and found ‘83 and 2006 to be glorious years. I’m hoping 2024 gives me joy even if it is by Florida. How does that line go, “the enemy of my enemy is my friend”.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Im for Edmonton, i enjoyed their fans during our cup run. Now Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver can never win for all i care

Reactions: DaveG

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
From what I'm reading, win, lose, or draw, he's likely winning the Conn Smythe anyway.
If it goes 7 he wins it regardless of who wins the cup, since I don't think they can get to game 7 without another big night from McDavid.

If the Cats win in 6 it will depend on the style of game. If McDavid has a multi point night in a loss it's his. If Bob pitches a shutout to win then I'd say it's a toss up on who wins.

Reactions: geehaad

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
Still can’t believe the NHL thinks dragging out playoffs this long is a good idea. Yes I know it’s a long travel time from EDM to FLA, but this is absurd.

NBA started their season after the NHL and is already done.

All of these long breaks between series really kills the momentum of the playoffs. The 6 day break after conference finals until the start of Cup Finals was crazy and not needed.

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
I thought both teams played with an edge the candy Canes miss.

Game 1 along had the Foegele knee, Draisaitl hit to Barkovs head, and something else I forgot.

That's two seasons worth of Canes rough stuff in 2 periods from Edmonton.
I don't disagree but Bennett literally punching Marchand in the face is a bit much.

I admire Brad for telling it like it is.

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
I thought both teams played with an edge the candy Canes miss.

Game 1 along had the Foegele knee, Draisaitl hit to Barkovs head, and something else I forgot.

That's two seasons worth of Canes rough stuff in 2 periods from Edmonton.
But, but , the adam fox hit…

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
I can’t root for Florida and my general annoyance with Canadian fans isn’t nearly strong enough for me to root against a smaller market like Edm.

This. I haven't been cheering for the Canes long enough to hate Canadian markets to that level yet--though I completely GET why those of you who lived through The Dark Years would feel that way. I love greatness (McDavid) and hate Chuckie Cheeze, so let's go Oil :)

Reactions: bleedgreen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad