Around the League 43: Playoff Time- Goodbye Buffalo, Goodbye Yzerplan. And Goodbye Yotes, Welcome Utah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
bad clear by Rags goalie leads to the goal.

Rags were bobbed tonight. With that goaltending we beat the rags easily.

Oh well.

Btw: ESPN is clearly biased but I love it when rags lose and they have to eat crow.

Edit: I’d add panthers defense is much better than ours.

and, canes mgt worst recent move was letting Forsling go.

Yeah that one looks really bad now (Forsling).

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
I had to mute the broadcast. Just couldn’t listen to it. It was so awful.

Bob Cole level of quality and excitement just to have a good game it was sooooooooo not….

The too many men penalty trying to gift a power play goal to the rangers late in the third….. sad and pathetic. I hate both teams so it is weird to watch and hope they both lose…

Such an a$$hat, but still catch myself wondering what might have been if we had fought harder to win the Tkachuk trade…. He finds a way in big games to be a part of important plays and score key goals..

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
IMO Tkachuk miss was bigger than Trocheck IMO. Franchise player who's availability only comes once every 5 years.

It was my thought that Trevling liked Huberdeau better than Necas, hence why Tkachuk is in Florida. Also hence why Trevliing is no longer in Calgary

The difference is, we might have had a chance to keep Trocheck. There was ZERO chance we'd acquire Tkachuk once Florida entered the convention.

The last two suitors for Tkachuk were us and St. Louis, and we were apparently the favorite to land him. Then Florida came in at the last minute and offered a player coming off a 100-point season and a good, young defenseman.

There was no beating that offer. It was so over the top compared to what Carolina and St. Louis were apparently offering, the trade negotiations ended right then an
d there

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Aren’t many of these missed opportunities really leverage plays? Such that the Canes aren’t really in contention but are getting used by GMs and Agents to help them land the players and deals they want.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
The difference is, we might have had a chance to keep Trocheck. There was ZERO chance we'd acquire Tkachuk once Florida entered the convention.

The last two suitors for Tkachuk were us and St. Louis, and we were apparently the favorite to land him. Then Florida came in at the last minute and offered a player coming off a 100-point season and a good, young defenseman.

There was no beating that offer. It was so over the top compared to what Carolina and St. Louis were apparently offering, the trade negotiations ended right then an
d there
Yeah the Tkachuk narrative of being a miss annoys me because as you say once Florida comes in with Huberdeau the Canes weren't beating that offer short of offering up Aho or Slavin which leaves us in roughly the same boat. Top line winger without a center as opposed to a top line center without a winger. Or great 1st line with a massive new hole on D.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
these announcers were such shit tonight, I hope this series is a sweep just to not have to hear these tools homer harder than Jack f***ing Edwards.
Of course the big difference is that Edwards was part of a single team's broadcast specifically designed for fans of said team while this is a national broadcast.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I had to mute the broadcast. Just couldn’t listen to it. It was so awful.

Bob Cole level of quality and excitement just to have a good game it was sooooooooo not….

The too many men penalty trying to gift a power play goal to the rangers late in the third….. sad and pathetic. I hate both teams so it is weird to watch and hope they both lose…

Such an a$$hat, but still catch myself wondering what might have been if we had fought harder to win the Tkachuk trade…. He finds a way in big games to be a part of important plays and score key goals..
sadly I don't think there's any way we could have won that trade, not when Florida came in with Huberdeau. Huby was always soft, one-dimensional, and overrated, but he was coming off a literal record setting season. They were idiots to take that package over ours especially with what they'd end up having to pay the man, since Necas just flat out is a better overall player, but they went with the Florida offer thinking he could come close to that kind of season again and replace Johnny Hockey. He couldn't and he hasn't come close.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Aren’t many of these missed opportunities really leverage plays? Such that the Canes aren’t really in contention but are getting used by GMs and Agents to help them land the players and deals they want.
EK was, Meier turned out to be one, Tkachuk wasn't that one was absolutely legit, no idea on Eichel not sure what we were offering there

Reactions: Tryamw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad