GDT: 2024 Regular Season Thread

Sep 19, 2008

BALTIMORE -- Philadelphia fans had their chance to show Craig Kimbrel how they feel.

For the past two days, the Baltimore reliever has had an answer.

Kimbrel struck out the final three batters Saturday to close out the Orioles' 6-2 victory over the Phillies. It wasn't a save situation, but it was certainly a charged atmosphere. The first two games of this series have been sellouts at Camden Yards, with plenty of Baltimore and Philadelphia fans at the ballpark.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It makes him compromised.

Frankly, these experiments in legalized sports betting are just making me want to ban it again. Prohibiting advertising and requiring a strict hands-off policy between sports participants and bookies are more realistic and necessary.

Professional athletes and those who support pro sports (referees, management, etc) should not participate in gambling, period. I'm returning to the maximalist position here - permanent bans on the first offense.

I honestly don't get how betting on a completely different sport makes him compromised or unqualified. He's still a normal person like you and me who are allowed to bet on sports. His career is just in sports while ours probably isn't but he's not different from us. It doesn't change who he is. I'm not compromised from working in the Medical field because I bet on sports or gamble just like you aren't from your job if you do. Telling him he's not allowed to do anything outside of being an ump isn't the answer. If he's not betting on mlb or throwing games it's completely fine.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Phillies officially in a slump this week. Lost 2 of 3 to the Red Sox and Orioles. Realmuto is an extremely important catcher.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Mariners may have very well won the AL West this weekend with that sweep over the Rangers. Now an 8.5 game lead. They put their cards on the table as they lined up Castillo-Kirby-Gilbert for the 3 game series and it paid off handsomely (2 earned runs combined).

Note to Mariners front office and ownership: Don't waste this gift. Go for it.

Reactions: LightningStorm

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Mariners may have very well won the AL West this weekend with that sweep over the Rangers. Now an 8.5 game lead. They put their cards on the table as they lined up Castillo-Kirby-Gilbert for the 3 game series and it paid off handsomely (2 earned runs combined).

Note to Mariners front office and ownership: Don't waste this gift. Go for it.
I was at the game today. The 8.5 game lead is the largest division lead the M's have had since their 116 win season in 2001. I'm really hoping ownership doesn't continue to be cheap and adds at least one more bat at the deadline, which they need to go all the way.

The Mets always save their hardest nut kicks until after you get at least semi-hard.
The Mets have had some luck this season for how bad the NL is overall, making them still in it. Huge that we swept the Padres, one of the teams we are battling with over half the NL for when it comes to those 3 WC spots.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
We are far from burning down villages with the Mets, but they are at least starting fires at this point. 7-0 over the Rangers.

Paul Skenes was great again tonight.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Where did Jurickson Profar come from that this guy became like the best hitting outfielder in baseball or something?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad