Around The League 40: As we barrel towards 40 teams

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Pittsburgh has been pouring it on Detroit. Husso is trying his best he can to preserve the lead.

And Malkin fans on a pass right to him. Detroit scores the ENG dagger
Now questioning if it's offsides...which if they rule it no goal due to offsides Pens should still be on a PK as the DET player got slashed about 6 times by Malkin trying to get that puck into the zone and the shot off

EDIT: GET f***ED PENS!!!! No conclusive views on that one

EDIT EDIT: Dumbass pulled Jarry after the penalty to make it 5-on-5, that took about 20 sec for Debrincat to score the second ENG

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Now questioning if it's offsides...which if they rule it no goal due to offsides Pens should still be on a PK as the DET player got slashed about 6 times by Malkin trying to get that puck into the zone and the shot off

EDIT: GET f***ED PENS!!!! No conclusive views on that one
While I'm glad it goes against the Pens, for the life of me I don't know why the NHL doesn't have the technology to do what TNT did, or if they do, why didn't they overturn it? TNT synched up the two video feeds and it clearly showed that it was off-side. This isn't rocket science with today's technology to synch up two video feeds to the exact point.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
While I'm glad it goes against the Pens, for the life of me I don't know why the NHL doesn't have the technology to do what TNT did, or if they do, why didn't they overturn it? TNT synched up the two video feeds and it clearly showed that it was off-side. This isn't rocket science with today's technology to synch up two video feeds to the exact point.
Yea, I mean the tech is there to synch up videos or at least better track the puck's exact location in relation to the line, much like how we still have video review to see if the puck 1mm over the goal line or not. In baseball the tech is there to determine balls/strikes, but we still rely on umps. It was another instance though where even if the guy was slightly offsides, it in no way affected the play/outcome. Honestly Malkin's interference was verging on "awarded goal" territory IMO anyway.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The NHL may change the draft starting in 2025. Only prospects would attend and the teams would stay in their home cities. This would give teams enough time to prepare for FA which usually starts less than a week after the draft.

Reactions: Dr Pepper

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Yea, I mean the tech is there to synch up videos or at least better track the puck's exact location in relation to the line, much like how we still have video review to see if the puck 1mm over the goal line or not. In baseball the tech is there to determine balls/strikes, but we still rely on umps. It was another instance though where even if the guy was slightly offsides, it in no way affected the play/outcome. Honestly Malkin's interference was verging on "awarded goal" territory IMO anyway.
The play would have been dead and there would be no shot on goal if the call was made. This wasn't a case where the puck came in the zone and was worked around for a minute or two before a goal was scored. It was a case where the off-side and shot were only a second or 2 apart.

I get that the guy going off-side didn't end up assisting in the goal in any way, but there are countless off-side calls every night where the guy going off-side isn't even directly involved in the play.

Anyhow, like I said, I'm glad it went against the Pens, but just seemed odd that the NHL doesn't "seem" to have the same ability to synch of video like that. Maybe they do, but that one looked obvious to me.

EDIT EDIT: Dumbass pulled Jarry after the penalty to make it 5-on-5, that took about 20 sec for Debrincat to score the second ENG
I don't see it as dumb. Losing 5-3 vs. 6-3 doesn't matter. With 90s left, you do everything you can to try and score.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
It would be about damned time that the Caps are finally bad. It makes the Metro less of a clown show.
The Caps definitely outplayed the Sens in the 1st period. And they almost left the period down 2-0 (Forsberg was great).

Sens scored early in the 2nd and never looked back.

Caps didn’t look they had a heartbeat in the 2nd and 3rd periods. It was very odd. No pulse, no impactful players.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The NHL may change the draft starting in 2025. Only prospects would attend and the teams would stay in their home cities. This would give teams enough time to prepare for FA which usually starts less than a week after the draft.

My guess is this will get approved.

I don't mind GMs calling their own picks but I do get annoyed when they drag on thanking everyone i.e. the Devils in 2019.

Reactions: DaveG

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I think you are doing the prospects a small disservice by not having someone there to congratulate them and hand them a jersey. Keep at least one person, maybe the coach (?) to do the "ceremonial" while allowing the rest of the front office to remain at the home base. That will greatly speed up the handshakes, let the front office do a better job of multitasking, but give the kids something memorable as well.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I think you are doing the prospects a small disservice by not having someone there to congratulate them and hand them a jersey. Keep at least one person, maybe the coach (?) to do the "ceremonial" while allowing the rest of the front office to remain at the home base. That will greatly speed up the handshakes, let the front office do a better job of multitasking, but give the kids something memorable as well.

Meh, who cares about the GMs.

What kid hasn’t dreamt since he was 5 years old about walking across that stage and giving a big, homey, “Roger Goodell” style hug to our old pal Gary Bettman?

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I guess we should have tried to steal Cole Smith from Nashville when he played for the Wolves during the pandemic

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I'm a dummy who doesn't have time to watch any out of town games.

But my reading the tea leaves suggests that maybe this year we'll see a more "parity" NHL. I'm going to guess the playoff teams will be less cemented by the end of the calendar year than in the past few. I'm also betting that there will be less elite elite teams like last year, and therefore more points for everybody else.

I say this largely because I predict the young teams like Ottawa and Buffalo to be a little better this year.

Reactions: DaveG

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Calgary suffering through Columbus putting 4 jackets within 5 feet of the crease and no lanes to shoot through.

Hanifin and Lindholm forget that only one is supposed to chase the puck. Columbus gets an easy one. 2-0 CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad